Lowest prices for your stay
US$91
Free cancellation until 15/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
FindHotelUS$91
Hotels.comUS$91
StayForLongUS$118
2,213 results
All reviews beach boys sports centre sri lanka day trip palm trees sports facilities deluxe room fantastic holiday tuk tuk water polo plenty of sunbeds table tennis beautiful country yala national park room boy railway line curry
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 April 2021

My mother and I had to quarantine at the hotel for 2 weeks in line with COVID restrictions. At first we were apprehensive but then pleasantly surprised as it ended up feeling like an exclusive holiday rather than mandatory quarantine.

The hotel was clean, as was the swimming pool and beach. There were yoga classes every morning as well as other classes such as salsa, volleyball and aqua gym so we were never bored. We tried the steam room at the spa which was very relaxing. There was also wifi by the pool so I could take a dip in between doing my work!

We had half board so had a buffet breakfast and dinner each day. The food was varied with an international selection and local sri lankan selection. The food was delicious, especially the fresh fish.

The rooms were clean with housekeeping making our beds and adorning them with fresh flowers every day.

The staff were fantastic and honestly the best part of the hotel. They were always smiling, always quick to help and never too busy to stop and have a chat. By the end of the two weeks we felt like they were friends/family and we were genuinely sad to leave them.

A particular shout out to a couple of staff members. One is Wasantha who worked at the restaurant who was always so helpful and friendly and delivered outstanding service. The kitchen staff even went above and beyond to make us kola kanda and sago pudding that we craved which wasn't even on the menu. Also a shout out to Arun who ran fantastic yoga and dance classes and is an all round lovely person, always checking up on us to see if we needed anything and keen to help however he could.

Thank you Mermaid hotel for such a wonderful experience and we will certainly be visiting again once the hotel is open to the general public.

Date of stay: March 2021
Sampath De Silva , General Manager at MERMAID HOTEL & CLUB, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Miriam

We are extremely glad to hear we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us and feel at home here. At Mermaid Hotel & Club, it is our aim to create uplifting experiences for our guests, and I am heartened our staff went above and beyond to ensure you and your family were well taken care of.

I will personally convey your compliments to Wasantha and Aruna ensure they are recognized for being true Mermaid service Ambassadors!

Thank you once again for your compliments and recommendation . We look forward to having you back with us .

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2021

My Wife had stayed there for 15 days with a infant , The property is quiet huge and has a very good view and access to the Sea . Location wise also the market is near by.though she didn't visited it so cant say much abt it .

The property has some insects and all so staying at Ground floor People must take care and cant leave the Balcony door open all the time its because its in atropical region .

Staff was good there and very helpful.

Seafood is good there but Indian wont find many indian food options but for others its good.

Room tip: Has a Very good View from Balcony towards the sea .
Date of stay: February 2021
Sampath De Silva , General Manager at MERMAID HOTEL & CLUB, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2021

Dear Hirendra ,

Along with the team of Mermaid Hotel & Club, I would like to thank your wife for visiting our hotel.
Also thank you for taking the time to review on her recent visit. We are all most delighted to know that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. I shall pass along your comments to our entire team to serve as added motivation for them to continue delivering the highest standards of service to our guests.

Once again, thank you so much for your review and I am truly elated that you had such a fantastic stay.

Best Regards ,

Reviewed 12 March 2021

During our two week quarantine stay at the Mermaid Hotel, we were able to use the pools, gym, play badminton, table tennis, beach volley ball, water polo, pool/billiards and most importantly, go surfing every day. We participated in yoga classes every morning plus there were others including aqua gym, salsa and many more, all included in the price.

The rooms were very pleasant with timber flooring and furniture and a large glazed door and window that face out toward palm trees where little Indian palm squirrels ran around. Large balconies with comfortable seating allowed for beautiful views where you can relax and watch or listen to the waves - the ocean is quite literally a stone's throw away.

In terms of food, we were very impressed; there was a remarkably diverse spread which changed every day and the staff were genuinely so lovely and always happy and willing to help. We're very grateful for our stay and thank everyone at the hotel for making us feel so welcome.

Bohoma istuti!

Date of stay: March 2021
Sampath De Silva , General Manager at MERMAID HOTEL & CLUB, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2021

Dear Timothy ,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed stunning beauty of the environment that Mermaid Hotel & Club is blessed with, the amazing quality of cuisine served throughout, excellent comfort of your room, and the genuine service delivered by our team.
It was such a pleasure to hear that you feel safe and satisfied with all the measures that we have taken against Covid-19.
We truly value your comments and I will be sure to convey your message to our entire team. They will be delighted to hear how their services made your stay a memorable one.

Thank you once again for your compliments and recommendations.

We look forward to having you back with us at Mermaid Hotel & Club

Sincere regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2021 via mobile

I am a student that came to Sri Lanka for an internship. Because of corona we had to quarantine for 14 days in a hotel. Due to corona the date of departure and the allowance to “stay” was very uncertain, yet the the staff was incredibly friendly, patient and nice even with so much uncertainties, to the point if we were even coming at all.

The rooms are neat, spacious and the balcony covered. Even in rain and storm it was lovely to sit outside and enjoy the view.
The staff is very friendly and more then willing to accommodate to any need you may find yourself wanting.

A few (small) points of improvement
- refrigerator in the room is broken
-streetdogs run loose on the beach
-pricy spa treatments
-shower draining is not up to par in the room, which sometimes causes small puddles in the bathroom

But in short I would definitely recommend a stay in the Mermaid hotel and Club. I for one do not regret my decision to quarantine in here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Emmy ,

Thank you for choosing Mermaid Hotel & Club for your Sri Lanka accommodation and we are delightful to know that you have had a pleasant stay in our hotel. Your complement to our staff members have been passed to them and shared with all others as an example to maintain our service standards. Your feedback would definitely motivate us to continuously reinforce our service standards at all times.

I humbly apologize for the inconvenience that has caused you and thank you for bringing up to our notice. Your feedback will be addressed with the team members and immediate actions will be taken for improvements and for rectifications.

It's our pleasure to have your support and we look forward to serving you again in near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

The magic from Hotel in a Bubble”.is that after you arrived to the Hotel you get directly tested ( professional) then the first day I need to be stay in my room, next day the report comes with my good result;-) then Im free to come out my room where ever want to visit in the Hotel to the restaurant or the Bar or the swimming pool lovely;-) only you can’t go out of the premisses of the Hotel of course.
Mermaid is Really Nice Hotel all rooms with Balcony and Sea View Im so lucky need feels like sanatorium so peacefully with colourful sunsets over the Indian Ocean.
Then the other best thing is the staff , they keep distance only they make your quarantine time a wonderfull time your pool bed is daily waiting with nice towels fro th pool boy the restaurant staff so happy to serve guests after one year no business. The bar keeper serve you wherever you want sit in the hotel or at the pool or in the huge garden so much privacy . My stay was so relaxed thanks the quarantine in ready to stay my next 14 days in exiting Colombo with all new shopping malls and restaurants.
As promised my regards to Wimuthi from reception, Nuwan from house keeping , Pool Boy Arinda Silwa ,Umesh from the restaurant and all the other staff from Mermaid hotel and Club thanks and my regards to Sri Lanka .

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Sampath De Silva , General Manager at MERMAID HOTEL & CLUB, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

Dear Mr.Beekman ,

Thank you for taking your time to write this generous review of us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and happy to learn that you have been satisfied with the quality of our staff and services here at Mermaid Hotel & Club.
We very much appreciate your recommendations - your positive stay experience is something we take great pride in. I am delighted to read your compliments regarding our colleagues your kind remarks have also been shared with them, thank you so much for this.

We certainly hope to have another opportunity to showcase our excellent services and offerings on your next visit.

Best Regards ,