“Most disappointing meal.”

Sam's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #124 of 175 Restaurants in Kandy
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Sri Lankan
Description: Is a simple restaurant located at the heart of the ancient city of Kandy which offers a perfect place to enjoy an affordable meal while being catered by our friendly staff. Walking distance to the sacred temple of the tooth relic, food city and Kandy city Center; the vibrant new shopping complex in Kandy. We specialize in Chinese foods with unique sri lankan blend and Indian foods. Drop in and enjoy our range of fresh fruit juice, fresh smoothies, Sandwiches, burgers and Submarines and a large selection from an a la carte menu. Biriyani or the house special "Sams Special Fried Rice/ Noodles at Sams is to die for. Drop in and experience the difference.
Reviewed 8 February 2016

Tonight went with family to Sam's, after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. I have to wonder if the reviews are real! I honestly cannot recall a more disappointing, poor meal eaten anywhere in Sri Lanka, since I first came here in 1978. With the exception of the fried rice, which was good, though nothing special and available everywhere in Sri Lankan restaurants. It is a dish which everyone makes well here. And the devilled pork which one of my family ordered, was reportedly tasty, and did look fresh and appetising.
Unlike our other dishes. This is called a "Chinese Restaurant"? Even the green tea was uninviting and unpalatable. The ginger beer brought was warm, other drinks very ordinary. The service okay, and reasonably quick, the prices, thankfully, reasonable. Cannot recommend it at all. Nothing Chinese about the experience either, sorry to say.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

went with my family for lunch and it was the best food I had for that price in kandy in a while. The prices are very cheap compared to many places and the food was great too. Overrall a nice place for a family lunch and would recommend for anyone.

Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

Went there with few of my friends to have dinner n it was really good. Staff was very friendly and and the food was awesome. We had few beers over a mix fried rice n it was one of d best I had in Kandy.

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

Extremely satisfied about the foods along with the friendly and quick service. Highly recommend to try atleast once at your visit to Kandy.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

I had several meals here during my stay in Kandy. it was awesome. The food was good for a really good price and the fresh fruit juices were amazing