Located around 10 mins drive from Sigiriya, the hotel is set in some old rice fields with lakes and many grassy areas. Boardwalk access to the villas as the fields are flooded during rainy season.
Villas are spacious and very private, furnished in a local style. Each has a private plunge pool and balcony where you can watch the wildlife, from peacocks to massive fruit bats.
A communal pool, by reception is not massive but more than adequate with a nice view over the lagoon and the local crocs :-)
We paid for half board and the food was superb. 7 courses (if you include amuse Bouches) each night with a good selection of fish and meat. Nothing is too much trouble for the restaurant staff, even tailoring some dishes to suit our family as I am the only fish eater.
All in all, thoroughly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Infused with eco friendly, sustainable modern design, Jetwing Vil Uyana is nestled deep in the heart of the island paradise of Sri Lanka incorporating five main ecological zones from forests to marshes. It is a retreat perfect for tranquility seekers or for those who wish to be close to the island’s rich array of flora and fauna. The challenge of introducing a wetland system on reclaimed agricultural lands provides the unique backdrop for this exciting property. A strong ‘back to nature’ theme pervades your every moment at Jetwing Vil Uyana and the uniqueness of the experience is unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Jetwing Vil Uyana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Sigiriya
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Hotel Sigiriya