All reviews pancakes the kitchen the main street stayed days nice balcony breakfast included would stay again lockers hostel ac bocas island chill
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

The hostel is ideally located, has a nice balcony to chill and small but comfortable dorms with AC during the night.
The staff is friendly but the kitchen is small and generally too dirty.
I guess a good choice in Bocas.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MGA71, Propietario at Calipso Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

thanks for your comments, we are working in be better!, we have a new administration now, we are renovating all building.
best regards

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my friends had an incident with the management. The owners treated us inpatiently, talked rudely to us and treated us with no respect at all, practically threw us out of the hostel only for us talking with them and trying to talk with logic to them. Not even talking about the room ! Suffocating room, smells like Moll. The toilet is definitely not senitary. STAY AWAY !!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
calipsohostelbocas, Proprietario at Calipso Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Hi Lior! First of all you I think you forgot mentioning that you,Shir and Noa, came to check-in , see the room and paid for 4 nights. You used the "not senitary" bathroom, left all your luggage inside the room and hanged up your clothes everywhere. Then you left. You came after one hour telling us that you wanted to check-out and that you wanted you money back. Usually, like everywhere, when you pay and receive the receipt, there's no money devolution. We tried to be polite and explained you that you couldn't be totally refunded, also because, meanwhile you were hanging around Bocas, others people wanted to check-in in the room and we refused them because you already paid. We gave you back all the money except 5$ each, that seems to us reasonable, but for you this wasn't enough. However,thank you for your rapid stay and we hope that our room has been enough comfortable for using it as a luggage storage.
Goodbye
Sofia and Etienne

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The rooms are gross, the bedsheets is full of stains ,kitchen is full of bags. To say that the owners are rude is an understatement, they are thieves.
I would recommend you to sleep in the street then in calipso hostel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
calipsohostelbocas, Proprietario at Calipso Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hi Shir! You can read what I wrote to your friend Lior, so I think that there's nothing else to explain. However,I repeat, before booking for 4 nights, you saw the all hostel,kitchen and rooms...so it's pretty evident that you are writing only lies about us. Fortunately the people that read the reviews aren't so stupid to believe in these things.
Enjoy

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Bedbugs in several of the mattresses, woke up with hundreds of bites. Management was very unreasonable.

We stayed at this hostel and for the first two nights I woke up in the morning with hundreds of bites all over my face and body, I wrongly assumed it was mosquitos. However on my third night we found many bed bugs and blood stains on the mattress left by the bugs.
In the morning I asked to speak to the boss, who refused to come to the hostel to speak with us and refused to authorize any refunds. When she finally came down, she was very unreasonable and kept contradicting herself by saying they know that they have a bed bug problem but they "clean" the rooms so it's not their fault or changing their story and saying that it was a few mosquito bites and that I was making the story up?? She then tried to blame me for the bedbugs, saying that I brought them in my bag. After hours of arguing I only got $10 back.

This bedbug problem seems like it's an ongoing issue with the hostel due to several other reviews on trip advisor!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica N
Reviewed 5 April 2017

The hostel overall was good. It has AC, a good location (next to Heike hostel) a nice terrace, solid beds, and a kitchen. There is no breakfast provided, the AC is only on in the rooms at night, the kitchen gets very hot and is quite small. There was not much in the hostal that got travelers to socialize with each other. The staff was very nice and welcoming.

Room Tip: Bunks are very tall. Aim for a low bed
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo