Eclypse de Mar
Hotel Caribbean View(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Restaurant
US$70
US$118
Hotels.com
Posada Isla Chica(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
US$34
Gran Hotel Bahia(Bocas Town)
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bocas del Toro(Bocas Town)
US$102
US$92
US$99
US$57
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprivate decknature reservefeed the fishwater taxiour honeymoonbeautiful reservehear the musicbastimentos townromantic getawayeco hotelcoffee tablesitting roomdouble doorsfish foodbreakfast deliveredkayaks and snorkeling equipmenttwo twin beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We had the best time! The bungalow was beautiful and the staff goes above and beyond. We will be back. The food was great and the view amazing. Mabel was always so helpful. We had dinner at the firefly one night and it was incredible. What a special place. X

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2018

This was such an incredible experience. We spend NYE here and it rained the entire evening - and yet the staff and owners were able to provide us with delicious food, drinks, and an evening of fun and laughter.

Our flights from Bocas were canceled last minute, and the staff was able to help us arrange another way to get home and catch our international flight from San Jose, Costa Rica.

I had always wanted to say over the water, and watching the sunset from this location was the perfect way to kick off the new year.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2017

The place is absolutly amazing. The hotel is located near to bastimento´s town, It´s really quiet and peaceful but still close to everywhere and is really easy to move around. They help you with any activities that you wanna do and make really good recomendations. You can also take the kayaks that they have at the hotel and paddle around the reefs that you have a couple of minutes from your main cabin! or visit their beautiful reserve.
I strongly recomend you stay for dinner!! I stayed at the hotel for a week, and when I tryed the food there I couldn´t go anywhere else. The taste, the presentation, the people, the place. Even the price is just fair in order to all the options that their offer. Everyday you have a special meal that was always above my expecations.
I´M DEFINITELY COMING BACK!! : )

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

First off, this place is in a gorgeous setting, with wonderful and helpful locals working there. The views are stunning and I saw some exciting animals in their small nature reserve. HOWEVER, I left feeling ripped off. The whole time I was in the cabana I could hear most of the people at the resort talking, whether they were in their own cabanas or in the restaurant. The music from the nearby town is also pretty much non-stop and full of throbbing bass, so sleeping was nearly impossible. I also felt quite trapped at the lodge because the town is nearby but only really accesible by boat. (I walked from the town but I wouldn't recommend it. The path was basically a mile long rotten pathway through a bug infested mangrove swamp.) The food is overpriced at the lodge and underwhelming, you're better off paying for a boat and geting something good in the town itself. Overall, the value for your money doesn't seem to add up no matter how you look at it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is gorgeous, rooms are spectacular, HOWEVER: you can't walk to wizard beach(you could, but is advised not to, tourists have been murdered there)
You will need a water taxi to get anywhere, walking path to town is a balancing act on beams over swamp.
The hotel has a decent restaurant that will provide all your meals since you have to boat to any other place, but it is hugely overpriced for the quality of what you get. Breakfast is sort of included(just coffee and toast) eggs, fruit extra $.
The hotel does not allow the use of electricity during the day time, I had no problem with this however it did come as a surprise.
If you stay here, bring your own beverages, drinking water and snacks, be prepared to take a water taxi to all other destinations and enjoy the cute bungalows and the conversations of others because there is no privacy or soundproofing at all(i.e. Windows)
The woman Lili who works there is incredible, besides the scenery she was the best part.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple