Selina Red Frog(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$40
  • Pool
Free Spirit Oasis(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$81
  • Breakfast included
Palmar Beach Lodge(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ushuaia(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$20
Hotel Caribbean View(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$55
  • Restaurant
Sea Pearl Appartments(Isla Bastimentos)
US$28
Hostal El Jaguar(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$21
Agoda.com
US$359
US$305
  • Breakfast included
Eclypse de Mar(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$229
Azul Paradise(Isla Bastimentos)
US$275
  • Beachfront
All reviewssurf tripsurf guideepic surffish tacosred frogbocas del torotaco bargreat wavesworld class surfperfect surfthese guyslocal knowledgerecently spent daysdream vacationthe entire propertymy girlfriendamazing food
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Scott and the crew took great care of us. The atmosphere there is nothing short of unreal. The food and drinks were top notch, the bungalows are super nice and comfortable, and the crew went above and beyond to make our stay as fun and enjoyable as possible. Scott is the goto guy for waves over there and put us on waves every day. I cannot wait to go back!!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend Erin and I have done a good bit of traveling in the last two years. We do a lot of research and we’ve had great trips as a result. This one ranks right up there with the best.

I think it’s important to note here that we are not surfers. If you are, undoubtedly you’ll read these reviews and know that this is a place you shouldn’t miss. That’s true, you shouldn’t. I witnessed firsthand Scott as a surf guide, who let us tag along on a trip to a place forgotten by time—with utterly insane waves. You surf? Don’t be an idiot, bruh—go here.

As a not-ever-going-to-be-a-surfer, however, this place was exactly what I’d been looking for. What a great vibe. The bungalows are beautiful and private. The beach bar delivers. The staff, notably (for us) Fannie and Chato, but really everyone, is so solid. It’s obvious that Scott has put his heart and soul into this place and it shows. He’s proud of it and he should be.

I think I enjoyed the breakfasts and dinners the most. Not necessarily for the food. Just so you know this review is authentic, I’ve had better food. It’s not bad AT ALL, mind you. I was 100% satisfied. If you’re traveling to Bastimentos for a culinary experience, however, you’ve just got the wrong idea. What I liked was chilling with all the folks coming through the place. We met a great group of people. Scott was always there in the mix, engaging with us. That says something to me. And more than once he kept us from talking about politics, to his great credit. Don’t do that on vacation.

More—the beach at RFB is perfect. I could have spent a month in that spot. Take a hike to Polo Beach, though. You won’t regret it. Take a surf lesson! Scott hooked us up with Chapo at Mono Loco in Bocas Town. You won’t meet a better instructor. He was awesome. Go snorkeling! There’s so much to do in this place. It’s all happening here.

Viva Panama. Viva RFB.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Had a blast at Red frog bungalows. Scott, Mikey and the crew provide top notch service! Breakfast and dinner was on point each day. The restaurant had great drinks and food for lunch and happy hour after a long day of Surf or any other activity. The bungalows and cabins are clean and spacious.

If you looking to travel for Surf, look no further. Scott has tons of local experience and knowledge to maximize your Surf experience. The surf guides will put you on world class surf spots each day without the hassle of trying to figure out where to go and having to book your own transportation. Definitely had one of the best surf days of my life because of these guys! Thanks Scott, Dave and Mike!!

Will definitely be back! THANK YOU!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I am a surfer from the North East, and I heard about Red Frog Bungalows through a friend who has stayed there before. He had nothing but good things to say, so I booked my trip and gave it a go. From getting off the plane to getting back to the airport, Scott and the crew at Red Frog Bungalows made everything go flawlessly. Once at the resort, I was blown away with the beauty of the landscape, the super cool Balinese bungalows (which was very comfortable and unique), the great beach restaurant which I'm told is a new addition for this year, and the invaluable knowledge and experience of the owner and accompanying staff. Oh yeah let me get to the reason what brought me to this region, the waves. Every morning we got onto our private boat and we were driven to some of the best waves I have ever seen or ridden. Every morning after coffee and breakfast, Scott would use his years of experience to guide us to the perfect surf spot. Boy did he deliver. To anyone reading this, and looking for a similar surf experience, Red Frog Bungalows is the place to go. 6 Stars if only trip advisor would allow it.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Was fortuate enough to spend a few days at Red Frog Bungalows last week. The owner was there to pick us up from the airport and with a quick taxi and water shutttle ride we were at the island. Isla Bastimentos was as beautiful as I could have hoped for. Heaps of wildlife, lush rainforest surrounding, and a killer place to stay overall. The bungalows were larger and nicer than imagened, and the beachfront restaraunt made for a killer place to grind after a surf, I recommend the chicken curry and a nice rum driunk (or a few). The waves here were no joke, easily some of the best barrels I have ever seen in my life. The guides and onsite photographers were on point, experienced, and overall great guys to be on the water with. The only thing I would have changed is we should have stayed longer. Can't wait to get back to Red Frog, if your looking for a world class surf adventure look no further!

1  Thank leyenderry