Hotel Pearl Plaza
US$124
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$280
US$178
US$110
  • Breakfast included
The Imperial Hotel(New Delhi)
US$164
US$81
Priceline
US$145
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmr rohitmetro stationbudget hotelcomfortable bedspaharganj
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Stayed in Pearl Plaza in February 2011 for 3 nights while in Delhi. I travel a lot and frequently stay in hostels and budget accommodation - but this hotel is one of the worst experiences so far.
We arrived in Delhi early at night (about 2 am) and hotel´s driver met us at the airport. That was a very nice beginning. Upon arrival at hotel we found staff sleeping on the floor at the so-called lobby. It hardly looked the same lobby that´s shown on their web-site. But that was still OK, no worries. The problem was the room.
Our room was spacious and looked well-furnished (LCD TV on the wall, nice bed-covers). But it was extremely dirty. It was definitely not cleaned for longer period of time - including after previous guest. There were rolls of dust on the floor, the toilet bowl was stained with somebody´s pee with yellow liquid inside, the shower dripped, there was dirty paper on the WC floor, trash-bin was still full of trash etc. We checked the bed-linen and these were very dirty and stained, there was hair on the sheets - the linen looked like it was used and left unwashed. We complained the hotel staff about the problems with the rooms and politely asked to clean the room or give us another one. They were sleepy and didn´t bother too much, promising to clean in the morning. We demanded the manager (I guess he was the manager - he was the one in reception) to check the room and after that one guy cleaned the room. We asked for new sheets as well and were firstly said there´re no clean ones in the hotel. Finally the found some new bed-clothing - but it didn´t look promising as well. Finally we slept all three nights fully dressed. And all this happened in the middle of the nights - we haven´t slept for more than 24 hours and were expecting nice rest before exploring the city.
After getting our room cleaned we planned to take a shower - but no hot water was provided. Staff said it was due to late hours - but there was never any drop of hot water during our stay - was only cold and ice-cold. So we just showered in cold water.
The room itself was very cold. I know that in February nights in Delhi are not warmest ones and we were prepared with warm underclothing and wool socks - but this was just too cold, like staying outside. I understand that there could not be heating in India - but there were no warm blankets as well. There were only two thin ones and we were said they don´t have additional ones to give us. They didn´t clean the room any more during our stay and we had to ask the reception even a roll of toilet paper.
The breakfast was served in our room - we had omelette, tea and toast for breakfast.
We liked the neighbourhood - it was crazy and noisy and smelly - but it was fun and very Indian. There´re small markets near the hotel were one could buy snacks and drinks. A money-changer was right opposite the hotel. There´s a short walk / even more short drive from the hotel to the railway station. Don´t ask the hotel to arrange a railway station drop-off for you - the price is absolutely unfair. We asked the staff if we could find a rickshaw at 5AM and were suggested to take a taxi as there could be shortage of rickshaws at that time. So we asked for a taxi - but received a hotel driver for horrific price. As we were really tired of arguing and were in a hurry to catch our train we used the service. Actually there were plenty of rickshaws on the street.

In general that was very bad hotel experience. We were really considering moving to another place - but we booked through HotelClub and the full fare was pre-paid. This was the first time ever I considered changing a hotel.

I would be satisfied if I paid 10-15 USD for night. We paid 42. And that was a real rip-off for the quality received - a dirty room without hot water. Totally overpriced.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JullyTheTraveller
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I love this place so much. Yes, maybe if you don't like noise, or a club feel, then no, you won't like it. Same if you don't like current music. I've been going here since I was little, I love the food, and the place itself. Definetely a must see for teen and young adults. Good service.. a littly pricy, but worth it.pleasure to be there

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Stayed in this hotel with family for 3 days. We made a booking for double bed room via e-mail & got their confirmation, but surprisingly they provided us with a large family room on arrival, as double bed room was not available on that day. Rooms were clean enough. Thanx to Mr. Tegchand, the courteous manager of the hotel. He was always available for service. Location is good, within 5-10 minutes walk from RK Mission marg Metro station. It is situated in Paharganj, but not in the busy market area, so quiet place to stay. Restaurant is on the roof top of the hotel, room service is available. We traveled with our 3 yr old son, and foods were made as per our order. We had to catch the early morning train for Agra from N Delhi station. Location proved to be very helpful, as it takes 5-10 minutes by rickshaw to reach the station. We hired the car from the hotel at very competitive rate for Delhi sight seeing. By mistake I left my purse to the car, and even didn't notice it. Got a call from the driver & he returned it intact. Really helpful & reliable staff. Surely will stay in this hotel during my next trip to New Delhi. Room Rates were on little bit of higher side, but really it is value for money.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Staff were helpful. Situated just off Main Market in New Delhi. Don' t let the title 'market' fool you into thinking there will be lots of things to buy as it's mainly food and essentials. The hotel is good value. Breakfast is served to your room but there is a restaurant just next door.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2011

The first thing that hits you smack in the face is that the photos are not truly reflective of the surroundings. Pahar Ganj is like a pot pourri of the dusty Wild West, and people are always in a rush. That said, the market, book stalls and tea shops (Madan's) are great places to visit.
The breakfast offered was very rudimentary; an overoiled omelette served witha grimy plastic fork; I didn't expect Cordon Bleu cuisine but at least something that resembled airline food as a bottomline.
If you are visiting Delhi; fork out that bit extra for comfort; it's definitely dustier than either Mauritus (where I live) or UK (where I grew up). People spit without warning, and air pollution is rampant. Crowds are commonplace, and may be daunting for the first time traveller; I thought that my experiences in Bangkok, and Kuala Lumpur would prepare me for Delhi but I was very wrong; the former two are a comparative walk in the park.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple