There were 3 things we were looking for in a hotel to stay in Delhi:
• Central location
• Close to a Metro
• Within our budget - Maximum of Rs.2500/night
• Clean and comfortable (No frills expected)
And wood castle satisfied all our requirements well.
Duration of Stay: Mar 24, 2012 – March 26, 2012 (2 nights)
Location: Very convenient. It was a 10 min walk from the Karol Bagh metro station. If you're planning to go around Delhi on your own which is what we did, this is very useful as Karol Bagh is well connected.
Rooms and Service: Good. We checked in after a 20 hour flight from Isle of Man. As you can expect we were battered. The guy in the reception was really courteous in offering us some hot tea when we arrived. They showed us our room and tea was brought to our room in 5 mins. The room itself was small but was very well structured. It had a comfortable double bed, LCD TV, fridge, wardrobe, A/c, table and chair. We booked a deluxe double room
There were 3 problems we had with the room.
1. There was no window in the room (room no 201 or 210 I think). On check out we were told that the super deluxe rooms had a window.
2. The wash basin tap in the bathroom was horrid - it was so high up that every time I opened it, water sprayed on me.
3. The hot & cold water dint quite mix well in the wash basin tap and I ended up burning myself a bit (literally not burning, but it was really hot and my hands were burning for sometime)
Breakfast & Morning Tea: Excellent. We tried their Indian breakfast (Aloo Parathas with curd &pickle) on day one and absolutely loved it. We ordered morning tea on all days, even 5:45 am on one day which was promptly delivered in 10 mins
Help with local sightseeing: Poor. On the first day, they offered to book us a car for our trips around Delhi. We told the staff that we were planning to do it by metro and autos if necessary. The staff offered us a map but beyond that they were not very helpful in guiding us on how to go about etc. We asked them a couple of questions on how to get to some of the local attractions using metro and they said they dint have an idea, which was quite weird considering they are in the tourist industry and couldn’t guide us to the touristy attractions. On our last day, we asked them the rate for taxi to the New Delhi train station and it was triple the price of an auto. So in the end we caught an auto near the Karol Bagh station, asked him to wait for 10 mins at the hotel and ended up taking the same auto to the station. The New Delhi station is about 5-6 kms from the hotel and takes about 20-30 mins (depending on traffic of course)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are in the area of karol bagh in new delhi,Karol bagh is the centerally located i.e. heart of delhi. karol bagh is 16km from international airport, 12km froom domestic airport & 3km from new delhi railway station.We are quality focused,great in service,one of the three star amenities rooms.We have super deluxe rooms with EUROPEAN styles,with contemporary comforts to create a luxurious ambience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Wood Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wood Castle Hotel New Delhi