“Great hotel, super location, great staff”
Review of Wood Castle

Wood Castle
Ranked #29 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here at the beginning of a six month round the world trip - thought Delhi might be in at the deep end so went above our daily budget to get somewhere comfortable and clean. The Wood castle exceeded all expectations. Staff were great, Karol Bagh is a really good little neighbourhood. Easy to get around to the tourist sites such as Red Fort etc and very comfortable rooms. Can't recommend enough!
James & Cath

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank James W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Although it looks really unimpressiv from outside, it is a really comfortable hotel. Everything is very clean, staff is friendly and helpful, hot water is available anytime. Free wifi in reception area, breakfast is ok.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 3 November 2012

WoodCastle is a nice hotels to stay in to ease you way into India. Although a bit on the pricey side, the rooms are clean with western style toilets, and the star of the hotel is the very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast is delicious, espcially if you choose the Indian paranta option. I liked the fact that they provide airport pickup (extra charge) because I arrived in Delhi last at night, and didn't want to worry about finding the hotel on my own. The only downside is that it is a bit out of the way, but hotel is happy to arrange transportation for you.

Even though it's a hotel, it has a friendly hostel feel. Javed, who manages the hotel, made sure I was taken care of. He helped me get SIM card (which isn't always easy for foreigners to get), and even accompanied me to the New Delhi train station to the Tourist office to make sure I got there safely (I'm a solo female traveler).

Even after I left, he texted to make sure I got to my next destination safely. And if you ever want to get to Kashmir, he's the man to talk to. He's from there and loves his hometown. Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank viddyat
Reviewed 2 November 2012

"This is your home in India" they said us when we came in, and so we felt also. All the staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, The area is quite poor but very interesting to see for an european. The breakfast is basic but you can also get food to your room in the evening. It was cheap and tasty. - The hotel staff also arranged us a very good journey to Agra: via the motorhighway it took three hours to the city of Taj Mahal. Also an efficent guide was arranged, although it was very difficult to estimate how much you must pay tip for him. And we got tired with the shoptour after Taj Mahal. - I think it is necessary to take airport pick up. One couple in our neighbour room didn't do so and the taxi hadn't searched the hotel but left them in the street. They looked for the hotel for one hour in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: There are some rooms that have no windows if I'm right.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2012 via mobile

The rooms were very clean, comfortable and met our needs. However the location was pretty awful. There was minimal in the surrounding area, the metro was a short walk away once we finally found it. The taxi from the airport really struggled to find it! Find out the block number before you get a taxi. The wifi in reception was good but only available here. i can understand wht some previous reviewers felt uncomfortable with the guys in reception. The breakfast very basic and for 3 we paid for we ended up jus one! If I had the time again I'd spend the money elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012