“Beautiful Oasis”
Review of Maidens Hotel

Maidens Hotel
Ranked #9 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We stayed at the Maidens our first two nights in India and also the last night of our two-week trip. I loved breakfast out on the terrace overlooking the small courtyard. Clearly a heritage property and full of character. Staff very friendly and helpful, even when I blew all the fuses in our room at 11:00 PM the first night with a faulty electrical power strip. On our return at the end of our vacation we requested a late checkout and were upgraded to a deluxe suite to accommodate our request. Beautiful property, immaculate rooms and gracious staff. We loved it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Maidens Hotel.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Your invaluable feedback helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence.

I once again thank you for your kind words. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Delhi and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Maidens Hotel becomes your home when visiting this city.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,217)

Reviewed 6 December 2012

We are a group of 8 people, using 5 rooms on a 26 day private tour of India & Nepal.
Delhi: we should have stayed at The Claridges. One member wished to stay @ Oberoi … why Oberoi have this hotel in their “stable” is beyond our understanding. The hotel was “soul less”, the rooms echoed, staff were badly trained and unhelpful, generally we were all unhappy, would not recommend at all.

Room Tip: Although large rooms we consider they were "soulless".
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alan692007
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay at Maidens. I thank you for sparing your valuablecomments on Trip Advisor.

We are extremely distressed that you have been inconvenienced during your recent stay with us. We thank you for your time and your valuable feedback. This will assist us in improving our operations further.

Your feedback has been shared with the concerned department heads to ascertain reasons for these lapses and to ensure these do not re-occur. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to showcase our services and that you will not allow this incident to mar your impression of the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Maidens. If I can be of any assistance while in Delhi, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanking you and assuring you of our very best services at all times

Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

Simple, wide and clean room, well maintained garden.
It's 5minutes walk from METRO STAION(CIVIL LINE) south gate. Restaurant is good.
Colonial building is beautiful but is also old, water in the bathroom is sometime too dirty to having shower.

• Stayed: November 2012
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear Guest,

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have noted your comment regarding dirty water and refrred the issue to our chief engineer to ensure that this does not re-occur in future.

My team and i look forward to welcoming you at Maidens Hotel.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

The Maidens hotel was built in the early 1900s and is truly beautiful. It is one of Delhi's oldest hotels - very collonial. Our bedroom was superb, it opened from a magnificent landing (through large double wooden doors) into a wonderful very large lounge complete with sofa and easy chairs, coffee table desk and cabinets. From the lounge you entered another large room, again through beautiful double wooden doors - the bedroom. Off the large bedroom was a very large bathroom, complete with a double shower and large bath. The grounds and swimming pool are lovely for sitting around.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone - it is truly a wonderful experience, although drinks are rather costly.

Room Tip: Try to obtain a room at the front of the hotel, it certainly isn't noisy, and our room was at th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time and posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us . We thank you for your detailed feedback about your stay at the hotel. We have noted your comment regarding high price of drinks and we have referred the issue to our senior management to take immediate action.

Your comments are valuable to us which helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you at Maidens Hotel.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Very nice & clean rooms .....me & my friend stayed here & had a memorable time ...we like almost everything here, staff is very much helpful & accommodating,rice restaurant & good swimming pool .
Colonial time built up hotel but very well maintained only thing i missed here is window .

I will stay for sure in future as well!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: corner rooms are very much preferable !!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

It is heartning to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. I thank you for your generous comments. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, which helps us to continuously strive for excellence.

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Maidens Hotel.