1,351 results
All reviews curzon room garden terrace civil lines metro station colonial charm dressing room oberoi group cavalry bar lovely heritage hotel walk in wardrobe upgraded to a suite rooms are huge sitting room red fort an oasis golden triangle tour swimming pool an upgrade
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I have stayed at Maidens on four occasions in the past six years. It is one of my favorite properties in Delhi. The residential location provides solitude from the surrounding city life, yet being only one block from the metro station allows easy access to the sites. The room sizes are perhaps the biggest in Delhi, making it an excellent option for my family. We have room for an extra bed, crib, luggage, and accessories.
The breakfast buffet is simple and options are somewhat limited, but the food is consistently good. Be sure to try the chocolate croissants - they are one of the reasons I return to this hotel again and again!
The service is impeccable and the staff is always ready to assist with a request. For example, I like to sleep with a fan (yes, even with A/C!) and Maidens always finds a way to deliver a fan to my room during my stay.
There are two services I would amend: The first is the wifi rates, which are high. Considering other hotels in Delhi, especially in this category, wifi should be complimentary. The other is the cost of room service. Be aware, it is very expensive, even for sandwiches and pasta.
Overall, I highly recommend this property and look forward to returning again soon.

Room Tip: If traveling with children, request the Family Suite. There is an extra room attached with two twin beds, alleviating the need for an adjoining or adjacent room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bellalley8
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Maidens Hotel.

It is heartning to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. I thank you for your generous comments. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, which helps us to continuously strive for excellence.

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Maidens Hotel.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

The Maidens is a four star heritage hotel with only 55 rooms in converted Government buildings. My room was spacious and well equipped (although it was designated a suite). The grounds are large and well kept and the hotel is well back from a busy road, which ensures that it is quiet at night. The Cavalry bar and Curzon restaurant rooms are a bit bland and disappointing although the food served was good.

The pool area was bit tired, which is a shame.

Staff were good and attentative, particularly on the front desk.

It is located 5 minutes walk from the Civil Lines metro if you get fed up sitting in traffic.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Maidens Hotel and sharing your review through Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to note that you have had a comfortable stay with us. Your generous compliments have been shared with the entire team for whom this will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Although quite a distance from the city centre, the Maidens offers a bit of respite from the noise, hustle and bustle of Delhi. Our room was impeccably clean, the service was friendly and discrete. We were exhausted after 23 hours of travel (and delays) so appreciated the calm and quiet. We had a later dinner at 11 pm on the first night. We were the only people in the restaurant, the food and service was excellent. Overall a very pleasant stay, we would return again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joy2Paris_France
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear Guest,

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Your invaluable feedback helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence.

I once again thank you for your kind words. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Delhi and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Maidens Hotel becomes your home when visiting this city.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Spent 3 nights over 2 stays and loved living in a forgotten time.

Colonial India with attentive staff helped ensure a memorable stay.

Ask for a refurbished room on the top floor, really spacious and contemporary.

Handy location for the Metro too.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank DarrenL22

Reviewed 1 February 2013

A beautiful heritage hotel set in garden surrounds on the outskirts of Delhi. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The service is excellent and the restaurant/breakfast small but excellent. The hotel is very peaceful and a nice respite from the chaos of the city. I really enjoyed sitting in the garden, watching the peacocks. The hotel is not far from the Red Fort and is easy walking distance to the train station, as well as a couple of good restaurants, a shop and an ATM.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank KerrynTravels

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time and posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us . We thank you for your detailed feedback about your stay at the hotel.

Your comments are valuable to us which helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you at Maidens Hotel.