We travelled with our child and his Grand parents for a five day vacation and stayed at this vintage hotel. Hotel is conveniently located and is minutes away from most places one would want to visit. Proximity to the Khan Market is a plus so is the Metro system which we did not quite use.
Best part of course is the quality of service coupled with the classical style of accommodations. We felt we were in deed at home away from home. The service is prompt, courteous and unobtrusive. The staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable almost to the point of being pampered.
Food is great while served in the room or in the restaurants down stairs. Breakfast is pretty much the standard fare served in a small but cozy room. Don't just pick up what you see and walk away from the buffet. Ask for their crispy Onion Dosa or Soft Aloo Paratha or anything else you may want to sample.
You would find the same smiling faces day after day and by day two you would think that you are in a small Bed and Breakfast place run by a family - not another mega Hotel run as an assembly line.
Rooms were large (at least on the fourth floor) and full of "character" and charm - not code for being broken down and needing repair - just old but well maintained. Fortunately, they seemed to have finished their renovation work and we had no issues with noise either from inside or from the
We used the Cab (Toyota Innova Van) from the Hotel extensively. While certainly pricier than typical service if obtained directly form an outside vendor - we liked the flexibility of schedule and the safety of engaging people you can trust which is important especially in Delhi these days. Our drivers (Sher Singh and Jagdish - who BTW are brothers!) were courteous and efficient without being too chatty and intrusive and had good knowledge of the city traffic and the places we visited - almost acting as guides when asked.
Finally, answer to the question of - Would we ever go back there again? Yes, absolutely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi is an INTACH listed heritage building, built in 1945 by the colonial architect Walter George in a poetic medley of British and art deco style. This arrival zone sets the tone for guestrooms and banquet facilities that deliver the ultimate in urban relaxation. Get set to be delighted with small surprises from the moment you enter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Ambassador Hotel New Delhi
- Ambassador New Delhi
- The Ambassador Hotel
- Ambassador Hotel In Delhi
- Ambassador Hotel Delhi