1,137 results
All reviews yellow brick road khan market heritage building taj group taj property taj standards lodhi gardens coffee shop chinese restaurant india gate rooms are large in room dining location is excellent metro station room service enjoyed my stay home away from home
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Beautiful heritage building with very comfortable and spacious rooms with a terrific big balcony that just invited you to sit and enjoy a cup of tea. The staff was courteous and resourceful and went out of their way to be of help, be it the front desk, room service, transport services, breakfast buffet or the restaurant - The Yellow Brick Road. Great food.
An enjoyable stay.
Location is great as it is very close to both New Delhi CBD (Connaught Place, Khan Market) and South Delhi.

Room tip: I guess all rooms are good. You could either have a view of Delhi roads or not, but they are all very quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank shankar42
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj-Ambassador, New Delhi!

Thank you for taking out time to share the valuable feedback of your stay at the Vivanta by Taj –Ambassador, New Delhi.

I am delighted to learn that you had a memorable stay with us. It is so inspiring for us to see that our guests have had an enjoyable stay which in itself is the biggest recognition for all the efforts we put in. I have shared your wonderful feedback with the whole team.

The team looks forward to your return soon again to what we hope is now your home in New Delhi.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

From the moment I checked in, everything was seamless and professional. I asked for a quiet room and received one at the back with no traffic noise. You didn't know you were in Delhi.
A huge bathroom, a living room and bedroom with twin beds that were so comfortable I had the best nights sleep I've had in 2 months in India. There is also a balcony.
The coffee shop does a good, European style cappuccino, strong & frothy.
Breakfast on the terrace was lovely with lots of fresh fruit, and again, good coffee.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The housekeeper saw me trying to carry my bags downstairs (My Swedish independence stopped me ringing for the bellboy) and he dropped what he was doing to carry them for me.
Checkout was fast and efficient. The hotel taxi driver told me he'd worked at the Ambassador for 30 years.
This is an old hotel with old hotel charm and very large rooms with high ceilings.
Only minus was the small elevator.
I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough. It will always be my hotel in Delhi from now on.
Thank you staff at the Ambassador for making my stay a pleasure.

Room tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, Rooms at the front are more picturesque overlooking the garden
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TigerLillyH

Reviewed 29 November 2017

A comfy, well furnished hotel, full of character and characters. Manphool, Swati, the folks at the door all worked hard to make sure every need was met and thought anticipated. Walking distance to the Lodi Gardens and a stone's throw from the Khan Market. A happy place.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj-Ambassador, New Delhi!

I am delighted to learn that you had a memorable stay with us. It is so inspiring for us to see that our guests have had an enjoyable stay which in itself is the biggest recognition for all the efforts we put in. I have shared your wonderful feedback with the whole team and in particular with Manphool who made such a positive difference to your experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and location is good.
service is very good and helpful.
i love the hotel and staffs also.
Hotel arrange cab for me for good price..........
i suugest some of my friends about the hotel

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 23 November 2017

we stayed here for two nights in october. The hotel is well located in the heart of Delhi and within 2mins walk from Khan market. the rooms are spacious and room service is prompt. there is however no swimming pool though they arrange a pick and drop to the nearby taj hotel which has a pool. would love to stay here again simply for its location!

Date of stay: October 2017