We have stayed at the Taj in Mumbai, and, knowing the brand (or so we thought), excitedly made a reservation and the Vivanta by Taj. Expecting a biggish, luxury hotel, we were a little disappointed upon arrival by the rather shabby appearance. Part of this is due to the dirty outsides of the building (which may be expected in the polluted Delhi air!), but the shabbiness extended to the interior. Even the pictures on the wall were too small for the spaces they were to adorn.
On the plus side, they upgraded our room, and it had plenty of space! The staff was extremely nice and attentive, if a little uninformed. Most of the time I went to the lobby, there was no concierge. When we did speak to one late our first night, they could only suggest that we went to their big sister hotel for dinner. I guess that's the moral of the story. If you are looking to save some money by staying at this less expensive of hotels, so be it. It is plenty nice enough. But if you are looking for grandness and luxury, this is not for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi is an INTACH listed heritage building, built in 1945 by the colonial architect Walter George in a poetic medley of British and art deco style. This arrival zone sets the tone for guestrooms and banquet facilities that deliver the ultimate in urban relaxation. Get set to be delighted with small surprises from the moment you enter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Ambassador Hotel New Delhi
- Ambassador New Delhi
- The Ambassador Hotel
- Ambassador Hotel In Delhi
- Ambassador Hotel Delhi