US$72
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

US$168
US$128
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

US$128
US$80
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

Grand Godwin Hotel(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$157
The Lalit New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$110
The Oberoi(New Delhi)
US$425
US$185
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

US$141
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

US$185
2,742 results
All reviewschina kitchenla piazzapolo loungering roadclub floorchinese restaurantfitness centercoffee shopstar hotelbusiness tripbusiness hotelexcellent hotelrooms are smallbuffet breakfastcomfortable staydelhiairport
Reviewed 30 May 2011

A very welcome oasis of calm after days spent sightseeing in an amazing city. We felt secure and were able to easily relax in the hotel's excellent public areas. Good choice of places to eat. Would go there again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Hyatt has been one of my favorite hotel groups and I have stayed with them quite a number of times across the world. Hyatt Delhi basic service and facilities is top notch like Hyatt Mumbai or even Grand Hyatt in Shanghai. However, I am very disappointed that I was dismissed while trying to bring up erroneous and potentially unethical behavior affecting all guests to the hotel manager.

Prices for food at Hyatt Delhi are a little high than what I expected - after receiving the bill at one of their restaurants, I was surprised how many extras were tacked on to the bill (service charge, VAT and service tax). I looked into it and learned VAT is customary, and service charge is mandatory for any restaurant with AC that serves liquor. Fine, no big deal.

However, according the Central Board of Excise and Customs (and a recent Circular clearly stating as such), service tax is specifically not to be charged on room service bills even if it comes from a AC, liquor service restaurant. After ordering room service, I was surprised that Hyatt charged me 10% additional on my bill labeled as “service tax.”
Now I truly hope this was just an error by the accounting department in collecting a tax that they are not liable for (it an error that nets Hyatt an extra 10% on all room service bills mislabeled as a “tax”). However, this being India, one cannot always be too trusting.
I wanted to bring this issue directly to the hotel manager to make sure he was aware of this and understand how a good brand like Hyatt would risk reputation by overcharging unsuspecting customers.

Unfortunately, I was politely dismissed by the front desk staff because he was too busy to talk with me. I was running between meetings, so I briefly explained what the issue and requested to be contacted to ensure follow up. She called somebody in finance, promised I would be contacted, but no call came through, which was very disappointing as a frequent guest trying to help Hyatt do the right thing. Being ignored led me to spend time to write this review.

Hyatt is a good hotel and they have quality staff there, but somebody slept at the job or chose to bend the rules (you think they would try to keep up with government policy on their industry) leading to their unsuspecting customers to be overcharged. I hope they immediately correct the mistake and if they cannot return the money, they do the right thing and donate the proceeds to a good local charity.

See rules on service tax for room service:

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank hvnair
Reviewed 15 May 2011

This time my base for Delhi tour was Taj Mahal Hotel. I had booked a Club room in the hotel which was satisfactorily decked with enormous amenities for a luxurious stay while on our Delhi tour. The service was great and the staff was very friendly and cheerful. Situated in a prime location in the city this hotel provides easy accessibility from airport. As I entered the hotel the beautifully decorated lobby itself impressed me giving us a preview of the high standards of hospitality and amenities that it offers to its guests.

I and my friends had rooms on the same floor that provided us opportunity to spend most of the time together. From fine dining to more casual mode of dining and all the personalized services, this hotel doesn’t compromise on any aspect of hospitality and the price for such services obviously demands a little more of course. The price for a stay at this hotel is surely higher then what you will have to pay at others but it surely lives up to one’s expectation.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2011

The hotel has great public areas - clean and well maintained, the lobby, restaurants, pool, executive lounge were brilliant - one of the best breakfast buffets I have seen. the rooms are slightly on the small side but beautifully furnished and you can't ask for anything.

Room Tip: Get close to lifts - the far away ones are far
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Good hotel~ Good environment~ Staff well mannered~ need to improve light condition inside the rooms~ better eatables could be placed~ useful things like shoeshiner• Comb etc are also made available in the room~

• Stayed: April 2011