“Pocket-friendly”
Review of Ricos

Ricos
Ranked #17 of 171 Dessert in New Delhi
Reviewed 8 October 2015

This is probably my favorite place in the whole of GTB Nagar/North Campus. It is buzzing with crowd even during vacations. You can sit here for hours altogether cherishing old memories with your friends or take your significant other for a date. Sometimes you might have to wait but believe you me it is totally worth the wait and the food is worth every penny. I can't help but compare it with Big Chill Cafe. It has an uncanny resemblance to the famous BCC with it's retro look interiors with colorful posters adorning their walls. Whenever I step inside this place, I can always make out my favorite music playing in the background. It is well lit, with a large bookshelf at one end and a large counter in the middle where you can see your beverages being prepared. I have been to this place twice now. I have tried the Nachos Grande, the Cajun Veggie Calzone, Veg Enchiladas, Hazelnut Cold Coffee, Berries on the Go and Apple Pie Shake. The Nachos are tantalizing and are a must have on your visit here. They are served with four different dips: Mustard, Thousand Islands, Salsa and Mayonnaise. They serve to be very good starters. I'm personally not a big fan of Calzones but the one I had here was amazing. Tender and juicy inside. I tried Enchiladas for the first time here and they were terrific. Crispy tortillas topped with loads of cheese and I love anything loaded with cheese. As far as most good cafes are concerned, they serve amazing snacks and dishes but struggle when it comes to beverages. This is not the case with Ricos though. Their Berries-on-the-go is the perfect blend of various berry flavors and berry tasty! As far as I believe, at other places it is served with the name "Berry cola". The Hazelnut Cold Coffee wasn't that great though. I couldn't make out the rich hazelnut flavor I was expecting. However, the cold coffee in itself was quite smooth and yummy.I have never quite had a better apple based milkshake anywhere else. The Apple Pie Shake is quite refreshing with a tinge of honey and creamy taste of freshly ground apples. Speaking of the service, it is quick and tends to all your needs. All in all, every time at Ricos is an experience to remember. It gives you classy experience without being pricey. That's what sets it apart from its competitors. I'd love to try all the items on its menu one day.:)

Reviewed 2 October 2015

Well I went with a special friend of mine for to spend a nice evening here and perhaps the evening went nice. Although I had to wait for sometime to get a table for two but waiting was worth. It's not very big place but has enough space, you wont feel very packed. Hospitality and services were real quick, really appreciable. We had frappe, cheese fingers, Rico's sundae. Presentation of dishes were not extraordinary, but taste were really good. So overall for a budget and nice evening with good food, can go here !

Reviewed 5 September 2015

I have been here a few times and it is one of my fav place to hang out. However, my last visit was very disappointing. Service has become very slow and poor. We were 4 people, and each one of us have received our order when another has finished their meal. The worst part was food quality has degraded now. Have lessened the quantity and increased the prices. I had to request them to replace my order twice because they didn't follow the instructions I had given at the time of placing the order.
Rico's is losing its charm and it is sad to see that :(

Reviewed 25 August 2015

This is a place to go in an emergency. You absolutely need to have some edible food and you don't have much money, go to Rico's. It tries to be a hep bistro and fails miserably. All the food we ate there was to put it kindly - Edible.
It's nice if you are a student with almost no taste and very little money :)

Reviewed 22 July 2015

Well this time I went Ricos for the second time for my birthday celebration with my friends. This is one of those classy places where you can chit chat and at the same time enjoy the flavors of their food. The restaurant is located in a very good locality and the surroundings around you inside Ricos is calm and they have worked hard in order to maintain the decor. There is a book shelf which you can access at the same time while having any meal.the staff is also very polite and cooperative. The meal I ordered was delicious and very much satisfactory. keep up the good work guys!!