“Lovely food”

Ranked #46 of 15,143 Restaurants in Mumbai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Konkan cafe at hotel taj Mumbai. Nicely laid out Indian restaurant with a good ambience. Wide food choices and I had an excellent selection thali. Chicken dishes were excellent. Dips to start were excellent too, especially the mango. Staff very friendly too.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

The Konkan Cafe is an excellent place to savour the spicy yet tasty coastal cuisine from the Malabar coast of India.Excellent decor. Superb food. and lovely service

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

The place is fabulous for family dinners or lunches. The food is out of the world.

I personally prefer the la carte menu though they have thali options at times.

The appams and Malabar parathas are outstanding. The sambhar and the chicken dishes are recommended.

For drinks try the wasabi martini ( not on the menu - they get it from the adjoining bar - Winks).

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I am not a big fan of hotel restaurants but after a long day traveling my wife and I decided to give the convenient option a try.
My wife had the veg thali and I had the seafood option.my wife commented on the lack of veg and the large amount of liquid no more than a few ounces of actual veg, so much so that she needed a spoon not a fork!
The seafood thali was pretty tasteless too, the center piece was a fried minnow.surrounded by
Various different bland tasting slop.
All served by a waiter with attitude, I asked for spicy and he laughed and said of course it’s spicy in a sarcastic manner.the food served was far from spicy,when I complained he brought me 1oz of somewhat spicier fish.
This kind of food may satisfy a first time traveler to India on their first night but is far from real Indian cuisine. Very poor food and even worse value for money.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Went here for a business dinner meeting. I took the seafood thali. Everything was so spicy my mouth was on fire, cant imagine what my European colleague went through. The pomfret fry looked yummy but was filled with hot masala. couldt eat it otherwsie it is my favourite fish. Even my north Indian vegetarian colleague coldnt eat. Only happy face was my south Indian colleague.

Go there if you like hot spicy food