There are some places where nothing can ever go wrong! Pizza Express, BKC, is one of them! Since we were 7 of us - including parents & a teenager, we were sure we wanted food that works for all tastes - and Pizza Express gave us plenty of options like that!
We visited on a busy Sunday evening - recommend getting there as early as 7pm to ensure you get a table of your choice without any wait time!
Our food summary:
1. Dough Balls Dopio - the dough balls themselves were yum & the three dips that
came with it even more delicious. My personal favourite was the Pesto! So so good!
2. Emilgrana & Mushroom Dip with Dough Balls - if you like Mushrooms, then this is a MUST ORDER dish. The dip was phenomenal. I could eat the dip by itself - even without the dough balls. Since we all love mushrooms, this was polished off in minutes.
3. Bosco Salad - I am a fan of mozzarella & avocados - so when the two come together, it is only natural that I order it! This was the highlight dish for me. My MUST ORDER dish - will order it every time I visit Pizza Express. Even the dough sticks that came with this salad were so delicious!
4. Caesar Salad - Even though their Caesar Salad comes as a Chicken Caesar Salad, they were sweet enough to customise it for us & serve it as a vegetarian salad. Appreciate the gesture.
5. Giardiniera Pizza - The combination of Tomato Sauce & Pesto Sauce for a base was unusual - but extremely delicious. We loved it! The toppings went well - but the quantity of cheese on the pizza was a winner for me. Unlike most places that just OD on cheese - leaving you to taste only bread & cheese - the quantity used by the chefs at Pizza Express was just right. It was enough for a great cheese-pull but not overpowering to drown the taste of everything else.
6. Penne Siciliana - This was our final order - again they were nice enough to customise it for us - by substituting aubergine with black olives - appreciate the gesture too. The sauce was yum - different from other places - in that the spice that cut through the pasta was a refreshing change. The flavour was different & delicious. We kept going back for more even though we were full!
The service was impeccable with attentive, polite & knowledgeable staff. Their recommendations based on our requirements were spot on.
Overall, it was a great experience with family at Pizza Express, BKC & we will be going back for more!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.