“Love everything ”

Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: Indian, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lower Parel
Description: A first of it's kind, Indian Cafe and Bar. The Bombay Canteen recreates India with a twist.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I love the food, the drinks, the vibe the cool quotient everything about the place. I love the small elements which remind us of our childhood memories like the Kismi toffee bar or water served in the Rohafza bottle or the old Parsi bakery like counter etc. It’s one of my most frequented place.

Arabi / Indian tacos - are my always to be had. Also the deserts are great. The Gulab jamun in old monk & the espresso rasgulla are my fav.

Even the quotes written outside the outlet are quiet quirky. Their cocktails are interesting and to be tried.

Must visit when in Mumbai.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This is hands down my favourite restaurant in India. Everytime I have friends or family over from London I take them to The Bombay Canteen at the start of the trip and everytime, when we reflect on our holiday they say it was their favourite meal.

Exquisite food, interesting menu, credible staff that know the product and how to give a great customer service experience and in my opinion, very reasonably priced.

1  Thank RoshiniDhaliwal
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We started our Friday night shennanigans with The Bombay Canteen and what a great way to start. I loved the chic ambiance and the fusion menu. For starters we ordered the Oyster Mushroom Chilly fry and ghee roast chicken on toast. Cocktails were the "public" and Jhakaas, both vodka based. Kudos to the service!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Amazing food & completely lived upto the whole hype. In vegetarian, we tried Kashmiri Turnip Soup (which was OK), Bhutte Ki Khees (corn fritters with spicy chutney - a great spin on the Indori street food), Eggs Kejriwal - subtle & delicious & Rawalpindi Chole w/ Youghurt Desi Thepla - very good. The service is quick & staff is quite helpful. Price is steep but worth the experience overall.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We loved everything, the innovative food, the design, the atmosphere and most of all the service. We were 2 hotel people and wanted to know about the food, owners and our waiter knew everything. Also their manager was a rare and special species, warm, funny, humble, down to earth. Can only recommend this restaurant and will definitely do so to any friend traveling to Mumbai.