“Ate well here several times”
Review of Gaylord

Gaylord
Ranked #76 of 14,764 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great food reasonable prices and good service...slightly noisy but adds to the atmosphere...eat inside for peaceful dinner outside for fun.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Went to an old favourite after some years, and was so happily surprised to see that everything was just the same — the old world charm, the familiar but long in the tooth decor, the smiling service, and the taste of the food. Though I can’t say that the food is fabulous, it is tasty and feels like the ‘comfort food’ that it is. The baked Alaska I must say did not taste anywhere as good as I remembered it and I felt I was eating poorly dressed up fruit cocktail out of a can! The veg biryani was ho-hum and I was unpleasantly surprised that raita which should be a natural accompaniment had to be paid for!!!! Lamb steak, lamb bourginon and Gammon and Pineapple Sizzler were enjoyed by us. Garlic bread though was soggy and not very appetising.

One thing thought I must mention, even though I do not know whether the fault actually lies with Gaylord or not — I had made a DineOut booking for my guests and I, and received a confirmation for the same that even stated the restaurant manager by name, when we reached there we were told that there was no such booking! I am thankful to Gaylord that they did give us a table inspite of this, but such incidents are not a pleasant way to start an evening. But as the cliche goes all’s well that ends well, and we did go happy to have revisited Gaylord, but in no hurry to return very soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Head to Gaylord to have the best Butter Chicken of your life. I am not kidding and I'm a North Indian Punjabi but I have never quite had a Butter Chicken that good. It's simply lip smacking delicious. The cream of chicken soup was also amazing. Also try the Kulhad Tangdi kebab. The service is a downer though. The service is a 3/5 and nothing more.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Visited the restaurant yesterday with wife and kid. Loved he good and it's been known for that, am a vegetarian and had North Indian food which was good but was hearing other non vegetarians also enjoying the food.

The only let down was that I guess one of the orders they forgot and took a long time else service and people were up to the mark and extremely friendly.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

One of the oldest restaurants in South Mumbai serving very good food and with consistent quality and staff who have been working there over the years. They have a varied menu with choice of Indian and Continental food and both are very good. Their mutton dishes and in continental fish choices are delicious. The seating probably is slightly cramped but has a good ambience. The staff is friendly and service prompt. Must visit restaurant when you are in South Mumbai.