US$66
US$60
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

US$146
US$123
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Free cancellation until 01/08
US$46
US$211
US$168
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at Janak Palace for 3 weeks as my host family while enjoying Jaipur once more to sightsee, take part in Holi, Ganguar Festivals and several other Cultural Activities while enjoying a visit with my local best friend. The Sisters were so welcoming when I arrived at the very early hour after our 7 hour overnight drive from Delhi after my arrival at the airport from flying 24 hours. They greeting me with a traditional Rajasthan welcoming making me feel so special. They brought me a cup of Masala tea which was perfect! I later met their son Lokendra who runs the hotel and was my person I communicated with as only one who spoke English. The servant boy Raju was so helpful and attentive to my needs.

I stayed in the downstairs corner room that had 2 windows, one looking out to the front gate and the other was a window seat overlooking the garden. The room was clean, quiet and perfect for my needs. The room had AC but wasn't given remote to use until my final 5 days but really I didn't need it up until then. The ceiling fan was all I needed but was nice that they had finally put the adjustable knob back on the switch so I could adjust the speed. The bed was rather comfortable, slept really good. The bathroom could of used a new wash bucket that didn't have cracks in it and also a squeegee to clear the water from floor. Also had to ask for towels and toilet paper as neither were already in room. I had to repeatly ask for additional toilet paper as rolls very small and maybe lasted couple days. Had to take my first bathing in cold water as no one showed me how to make the water heater come on, I tried every switch. I was later shown and told to switch on 5-10 mins before wanted to bath so hot enough. I found most days you didn't need the water heater as the water was hot coming from the tap due to high outside temps. I very much enjoyed sitting in the window seat enjoying the garden and quiet! The hotel had wifi but could only get it to connect and then it would kick me off. If I ever could connect, I never could do anything with it so borrowed off nearby open wifi that worked great!
The downside of this room is the noise coming from reception, garden and front gate. Each night the TV in reception was so loud it made hard to sleep unless used ear plugs. They eventually moved the TV out. Also I would of loved to open my curtains but anyone could see right in your room, whether open or not so privacy for me was a issue.
I was moved to another room upstairs for a few nights while the hotel was booked with family for a wedding. I was put in the very last room on the left side of hall overlooking garden. The room was okay, nothing like room downstairs, there was only 1 working light in room area and it flickered most of the time and was very dim. This bathroom was much nicer but wasn't provided towels or a wash cup. Also when you used the sink, water ran out from under it getting your clothes wet . After several requests and many hours later I got my towels and blanket for bed. The TV wasn't working so had no TV until last night. I loved the colored windows in this room but was excited to move back downstairs to my original room for the rest of my stay!

I only ate breakfast and dinner at hotel but occasionally lunch depending on my daily plans. The food was good but so many times hard to get them to understand my requests or were out of what I wanted. Had to finally request my dinner earlier as used to eating by 7p in US so the after 9 meal arrivals was hard for me and normally couldn't eat it as too late.

I was impressed with how much the family took me in as their own, everyone was so friendly, supportive and helpful during my stay (although at times was hard to find anyone). I was so honored to take part in many activities with the family which I will forever cherish those memories! It was hard to say goodbye when my 3 weeks came to a close. They sent me off with a wonderful dinner the night before and packed lunch the next morning for my long journey back to Delhi to fly home. I arrived as a guest but left as Family :) Thank you for accepting me as Family and sharing love with me during my stay, look forward to seeing you all in the future!
I would recommend a stay with them but take from my tips of things you'll need to ask for and your stay will be prefect!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Janak Palace, a lovely property in Jaipur which gives you a feel of Rajasthan Heritage. The rooms are really spacious and with good service. I was there with my family for two days and we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I have been in a heritage deluxe room on the ground floor. Room was good, bathroom was also clean but when I ordered food it was horrible to see. There was lot of oil. I ordered palak paneer but it was not available. So I had to order Paneer Butter Masala. They took 45minutes to place my order. When I ordered tea they took 30min for it. Service was poor as well as Food quality and taste.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Awesome rooms best in class service in this segment.pleasurable stay with family rated 4 stars overall comfortable nd cozy stay wid a touch of home.truely a home away form home.within reach from all major tourist attraction nd also facilitates ease of move as bieng within 2km radius from main city.the food also complemented my overall stay nd to add the toping was the customer friendly environment of the front desk.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We went to jaipur for Jaipur literature festival and we booked janak palace from make my trip our stay was good as all the main places were easily approachable from our hotel and the rooms were clean and nice and the staff was very helpfull they arranged pick up and taxi for us for site seeing we would lov to recommend janak palace to our friends and family if they go to jaipur

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends