Janak Palace
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Shikha(Jaipur)
Sharda The(Jaipur)
Hotel Haveli(Jaipur)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2015

We had stayed in the same hotel 2 years ago, and remembered it as a quiet place in a residencial area of Jaipur. We were shocked when we got there this year. The staff is extremely rude and slow, the reception is usually not available, and if they won't help with anything. We ordered food, which we canceled after waiting for one hour, and were laughed at by the staff. The reception staff watches TV at 7 in the morning on full volume and even at nights it is extremely noisy and you can always hear a TV from somewhere. Rooms had no or not enough towels. We had booked 5 rooms and had asked for the bill the evening before we left, so that we won't have the hassle in the morning. Bill never came, had to do it in the morning at 5:15a, without time to really check them. Don't book a room at Janak Palace.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank Arnika304551
Reviewed 29 December 2014

I got this hotel from Goibibo Deal at around Rs. 630/night.
I stayed at this hotel from 25 Dec to 28 Dec 2014

This Hotel Janak Palace is not a Hotel, as per owner Mr. Gyanendra it's an heritage house. No proper facility. I was force to wait for 75-80 Minute for my room in the name of room preparation. I was allotted room (No.103) just in front of reception. Despite my displeasure they gave me that room. Hotel was almost empty only 3-4 more guest were there. Food was over costly, i ordered Dam Aloo whose cost was Rs.140 but quantity was only 7 piece of potato. I ordered Veg Pulao cost was 170, but u can hardly get full plate, too little quantity. Just 150-200gm. Plain rice or any other all were costly. Taste was okay, but quantity wise toooo little. Last night i was disturbed by noise in other room, despite my complain, nothing happen. Drinking water was not at par, i stayed other hotels in Jaipur Like Konark (As per my earlier booking at Goibibo), there water was fine. But here yakkkk... don't know what type of water they use. Also water supplied in bottle, no glass no Jug. I have to wait for atleast 30 to 45 Minute for Water. You can imagine what will happen without water when u just entered in the hotel, but no body was there to pick your call. I moved here and there but of no use. Every time i have to wait for 30-40 minute. Only 2 staff was there. No professional attitude by Hotel. They changed Food menu on my 2nd day of visit by saying - Hotel previous Menu is 3 year old. I eat Pizza at PizzaHut, MGF Mall (around 1Km from this hotel), that was cheaper than this hotel.

I would like to give 1 out of 10 to this hotel.
I would not like to recommend any body to that Hotel.

Room Tip: Not a good hotel
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank ApnaCoupon
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at Janak Palace for 3 weeks as my host family while enjoying Jaipur once more to sightsee, take part in Holi, Ganguar Festivals and several other Cultural Activities while enjoying a visit with my local best friend. The Sisters were so welcoming when I arrived at the very early hour after our 7 hour overnight drive from Delhi after my arrival at the airport from flying 24 hours. They greeting me with a traditional Rajasthan welcoming making me feel so special. They brought me a cup of Masala tea which was perfect! I later met their son Lokendra who runs the hotel and was my person I communicated with as only one who spoke English. The servant boy Raju was so helpful and attentive to my needs.

I stayed in the downstairs corner room that had 2 windows, one looking out to the front gate and the other was a window seat overlooking the garden. The room was clean, quiet and perfect for my needs. The room had AC but wasn't given remote to use until my final 5 days but really I didn't need it up until then. The ceiling fan was all I needed but was nice that they had finally put the adjustable knob back on the switch so I could adjust the speed. The bed was rather comfortable, slept really good. The bathroom could of used a new wash bucket that didn't have cracks in it and also a squeegee to clear the water from floor. Also had to ask for towels and toilet paper as neither were already in room. I had to repeatly ask for additional toilet paper as rolls very small and maybe lasted couple days. Had to take my first bathing in cold water as no one showed me how to make the water heater come on, I tried every switch. I was later shown and told to switch on 5-10 mins before wanted to bath so hot enough. I found most days you didn't need the water heater as the water was hot coming from the tap due to high outside temps. I very much enjoyed sitting in the window seat enjoying the garden and quiet! The hotel had wifi but could only get it to connect and then it would kick me off. If I ever could connect, I never could do anything with it so borrowed off nearby open wifi that worked great!
The downside of this room is the noise coming from reception, garden and front gate. Each night the TV in reception was so loud it made hard to sleep unless used ear plugs. They eventually moved the TV out. Also I would of loved to open my curtains but anyone could see right in your room, whether open or not so privacy for me was a issue.
I was moved to another room upstairs for a few nights while the hotel was booked with family for a wedding. I was put in the very last room on the left side of hall overlooking garden. The room was okay, nothing like room downstairs, there was only 1 working light in room area and it flickered most of the time and was very dim. This bathroom was much nicer but wasn't provided towels or a wash cup. Also when you used the sink, water ran out from under it getting your clothes wet . After several requests and many hours later I got my towels and blanket for bed. The TV wasn't working so had no TV until last night. I loved the colored windows in this room but was excited to move back downstairs to my original room for the rest of my stay!

I only ate breakfast and dinner at hotel but occasionally lunch depending on my daily plans. The food was good but so many times hard to get them to understand my requests or were out of what I wanted. Had to finally request my dinner earlier as used to eating by 7p in US so the after 9 meal arrivals was hard for me and normally couldn't eat it as too late.

I was impressed with how much the family took me in as their own, everyone was so friendly, supportive and helpful during my stay (although at times was hard to find anyone). I was so honored to take part in many activities with the family which I will forever cherish those memories! It was hard to say goodbye when my 3 weeks came to a close. They sent me off with a wonderful dinner the night before and packed lunch the next morning for my long journey back to Delhi to fly home. I arrived as a guest but left as Family :) Thank you for accepting me as Family and sharing love with me during my stay, look forward to seeing you all in the future!
I would recommend a stay with them but take from my tips of things you'll need to ask for and your stay will be prefect!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Janak Palace, a lovely property in Jaipur which gives you a feel of Rajasthan Heritage. The rooms are really spacious and with good service. I was there with my family for two days and we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I have been in a heritage deluxe room on the ground floor. Room was good, bathroom was also clean but when I ordered food it was horrible to see. There was lot of oil. I ordered palak paneer but it was not available. So I had to order Paneer Butter Masala. They took 45minutes to place my order. When I ordered tea they took 30min for it. Service was poor as well as Food quality and taste.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple