“Exotic selection of teas to taste”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chai & Mighty Tea Tasting
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

16 teas tasted (personally with the founder of the brand) in about 1.5 hours at the head office of the Chai & Mighty brand... a thoroughly education and eye-opening experience. I did not realise how detailed and storied the tale of a tea is from leaf to cup until I did this tour. A must do for anyone wanting to delve into the world of tea.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I was made to taste 16 teas (actually 8 different teas brewed 2 different ways each) from all parts of India, of all types, and of all tastes and flavours. I have done wine tasting and coffee tasting before, but usually one gets to taste just 3-4 different varieties. Here, I got to taste 16 and so my introduction to the world of tea was rather comprehensive. The tour was personally given by the founder of the Chai & Mighty brand, Aditya Chirimar, who took out 60-70 minutes from a work day to personally teach us about tea. The experience was wonderful and I have recommended the tour to my friends and family.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

We tried to book in twice for a tea tasting. First time: said they'd call us back to confirm a time/place and zero response. Second time: we book in and then ON THE SAME DAY AN HOUR EARLIER we get a call to say it's been cancelled because "someone was sick". We had planned our day around the tasting. Overall seemed like they didn't want our business. Very unprofessional.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

This is quite easily the best tour of its kind in India. I was taught tea tasting by 5th generation tea experts, in their tea tasting room. The room itself is worth the price you pay for this tour -- it has a refreshing tea aroma, that perhaps is a result of storing 500 teas in one place. My favourite tea was The Darjeeling Black Jack!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

What a great experience! Chai & Mighty gave a fabulous experience that reminded me of my vacation in the tea estates of Darjeeling.

One must try this tasting session, even if you are not too fond of tea. You will not only learn so much more about tea, but will also be exposed to the best teas of India. If you are from Calcutta, and not afraid to skip the cutting chai, go for the culture experience, priced at a steal.