“Absolutely Perfect Stay”
Review of ITC Sonar

ITC Sonar
Ranked #3 of 235 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed 2 November 2017

This is one amazing hotel. From the moment you step through the door until the moment you check out your guaranteed a high level of professional service with a smile. Anuraag, Front Office Manager, could not have been more helpful ensuring my check in experience and room allocation was perfect. The ITC One room was exceptional, well organised, spotlessly clean, and the bathroom and toiletry products were first class. The business lounge provided a welcome refuge after a day in the city. Fatima was extremely professional and after the first evening always remembered my name and drinks order. There was a good range of canapés and they were delicious. I wanted to go to the FIFA u17 World Cup game at Salt Lake Stadium, but all tickets were sold out. When I asked Urbish, ITC Concierge if he could help he was able to get me a good ticket with a perfect view for the game. He really is exceptionally professional, polite and will go the extra mile to provide a first class service. He went out of his way to help me plan my days, suggesting itineraries and places to visit to get the very best tourist and cultural Kolkata experience. Well done everyone at ITC Sonar for ensuring I had an absolutely perfect stay always providing a high quality service with a smile.

Room Tip: ITC One rooms are good value with access to business lounge.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Atul B, General Manager at ITC Sonar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Dear Guest

It is most kind of you to share your experience with other guests on Trip Advisor and thank you for taking out the time to review us. It is always a pleasure to receive such a wonderful feedback from our discerning guests.

I am delighted to know that my team went the extra mile to ensure your comfort and that you were looked after and had a truly memorable stay. Thank You for your generous comments for the hotel and warm appreciation for the team. It always feels so special when it comes from patrons like you.

I am happy you loved the distinctively sleek contemporary architectural design of ITC Sonar which is contrasting with the rich historical essence of Kolkata. The hotel is nestled amidst acres of land, resplendent with greenery, sunshine, and water. One that is a consonance with ITC Hotels’ ethos of reflecting “rooted in soil” but dynamic in form and philosophy. ITC Sonar is an iconic hotel and it is patrons like you that lend stature to the hotel.

We immensely value your continued patronage and look forward to welcome you back to your home at ITC Sonar.

& General Manager - ITC Sonar, Kolkata

Write a ReviewReviews (2,645)

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Visited Sonar to meet my friends .. it's an amazing place to be here.. we had great time . Staff here are so helpful and co-operative. Special mention to Priyanka from front desk who helped us so much . Really loved the property. Clean environment. Thanx to rashmani and varsha even fr accompanying Priyanka for helping us . We will surely revisit again..

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Atul B, General Manager at ITC Sonar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Was amazed by the concept of the hotel..Bay of bengal lounge is a excellent place to enjoy the view of the Lilly pond area..I enjoyed the luxury hours at Darjeeling loung. Staffs were courteous and cordial..I had my dinner at dumphukt ...thanks to ms Rashmani for assisting us

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Atul B, General Manager at ITC Sonar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Five star category hotel at kolkata,it is the itc group hotel. Best service. Parking avilable, buffet avilable, night stay you can. Service is best. Pleasent personality worker. Pick up service avilable.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We are put up in this property usually for our stay and I am proud to say that it really lives upto the expectation.Mr Alan in the front desk attends to every detail of our need whenever I come down for any help.The moment you step in the hotel you already start tasting the Indian hospitality or should I say the bengali culture.They have the most courteous staff starting right from their security to their guest relations.Miss Rajarshini from the Guest Relations had a very pleasing personality as I met her in the hotel lobby and checked about my stay in the hotel too.The food is mouthwatering be it any national or international cuisine.Every Stay in the property is value for money.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business