“Homey, if you smoke”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dauphin Island
Dauphin Island Harbor House
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We've stayed here twice before and lived the low key, easy, vibe. The new owners have made significant renovations. The improved decks and outdoor seating are spacious and accommodating....but cluttered with personal effects....it felt like I was invading their personal space?Sadly , everyone there that weekend smoked. while the rooms are smoke free, the covered seating area is not. I cannot handle cigarette smoke at all...I'm sure I was labeled a snob for darting in and out but seriously...I can't stand it. Also, breakfast was exactly the same every day...no fruit, bad coffee, dry eggs, sad bacon and sausage, and grits. I am sad to be disappointed...everybody was kind and the rooms were clean and fresh...but I can't say we'll return.

Room Tip: Upstairs bay view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome. Billy, Julie, Janet, Kelley make you feel at home. They have a great breakfast everyday. Everyone there make you feel a home. Always willing to help out with anything you may want or need. I will be back to this place. All the guest were very friendly and we all visited .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Very homey..pier to fish from..with tackle & bait. Very accommodating room & family was super helpful thru out the stay! Great breakfast in a.m. Everything was fresh & home cooked! Room was a bit small.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2017

My son in law booked this trip for my daughter & me for Mother's Day weekend, and I can't even began to explain how peaceful & relaxing it was. Bill, Julie & their staff went above & beyond to make our stay as wonderful as any can be. It is just like staying with family. Great people, clean rooms & wonderful breakfast. We are returning in a couple of weeks foe a week. Can't wait....

Room Tip: I would stay in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2017

We stayed for 3 nights. Julie and Bill the managers, take good care of the rooms and their guests. It can be a bit noisy in the court yard area but seems to quiet by 9PM. The breakfast buffet was complete, and served promptly at 8AM to allow for a full day to explore the island. We found the B&B conveniently located off the main thoroughfare, with a nice fishing dock and plenty of parking space. We will be returning in October and plan to stay at this facility.

Room Tip: I would suggest an upper floor room and avoid rooms 3, 5 and 4. If your not a light sleeper it quiet...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Been to Dauphin Island Harbor House? Share your experiences!