“Great Place for n Downtown Decatur”

Eddie's Old Town Social
Ranked #75 of 163 Restaurants in Decatur
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Description: Eddies Old Town Social is a Social place first of all. We want you to feel very social as you step into the Pub. Feel like you are having your own big party. Enjoy beautiful interior, meet new friends, try hand crafted cocktails, local draft beers and great food. Gastro Pub focuses on pub food like sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs but with an upscale twist. Yes it's a hot dog but it's a bacon wraped pimento cheese hot dog, yes it's a hamburger but it has pulled pork, thick slice bacon and bacon caramelized onions. We also have unique items on our menu that we are very proud of: like candied bacon, giant bavarian pretzel and white truffle parmesan fries. Healthy Prepped Fit & Fast Meals from Eddie's Old Town Social. Now everyone who is on the diet can eat healthy and clean and still hang out and be social! Dine in or take it with you for lunch or dinner. 100% all white Chicken breast + 2 sides Hamburger Steak + 2 sides Sirloin Steak tips + 2 sides Vegetable Patty + 2 sides 5 meals and 10 meals packages are available.
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I enjoy seeking out local restaurants when we're traveling. This spot offered us a varied menu. My wife had the pimento, and I enjoyed one of the burgers. Both were exceptional. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the bartender didn't know how to properly pour a Guinness. She poured it like all other drafts. A little training would go a long way.

Management response:Responded 28 June 2017

Thank you so much Michael! We'll definitely improve skills of our bartenders.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

The place has changed some but still very nice and friendly. We had lunch and both had the burger if this is your pick it's a hand full. They do give you a knife so you can cut it making it a lot easier to handle. Very good burger good price and enough to fill you up.

Management response:Responded 19 May 2017

Thank you so much! We are very glad you enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed 26 March 2017

A soft opening, as the name implies, is an invitation only small menu pre-opening. Soft openings are so exciting for me because restaurant people are kindred spirits and root for each other. On approach, you are drawn in by the beautiful front window and new logo. Clean, modern and dare I say sleek interiors greet you. Local artist Svetlana Champlin has decorated the space with engaging art. The ordering process is now somewhat like Moe's but the food is brought out to you. Did I mention how comfortable the booths are? Now I will address what you may be waiting for. We ordered the Beef Stout Burger and the Triple Threat Burger and they were excellent. My wife hates ketchup but the Irish Stout Ketchup mixed with the pickled onion on the Beef Stout Burger was incredible. The Triple Threat Burger with bacon, pulled pork and caramelized onions was just as good. If I understood Tim correctly, the burgers are a blend of beef and and a small amount of sausage and I like it. I saw several delicious looking giant pretzels, grilled bacon pimento cheese and hot dogs going out as well. The beer, wine and liquor choices are eclectic (absinthe, Tecate light draft, etc.) but holds something for everyone.Tim and Svetlana are gracious hosts so join me in supporting another great downtown restaurant.

Management response:Responded 19 May 2017

Thank you so much! We appreciate your business!