“Dinner before the show!”

Eddie's Old Town Social
Ranked #78 of 164 Restaurants in Decatur
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Description: Eddies Old Town Social is a Social place first of all. We want you to feel very social as you step into the Pub. Feel like you are having your own big party. Enjoy beautiful interior, meet new friends, try hand crafted cocktails, local draft beers and great food. Gastro Pub focuses on pub food like sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs but with an upscale twist. Yes it's a hot dog but it's a bacon wraped pimento cheese hot dog, yes it's a hamburger but it has pulled pork, thick slice bacon and bacon caramelized onions. We also have unique items on our menu that we are very proud of: like candied bacon, giant bavarian pretzel and white truffle parmesan fries. Healthy Prepped Fit & Fast Meals from Eddie's Old Town Social. Now everyone who is on the diet can eat healthy and clean and still hang out and be social! Dine in or take it with you for lunch or dinner. 100% all white Chicken breast + 2 sides Hamburger Steak + 2 sides Sirloin Steak tips + 2 sides Vegetable Patty + 2 sides 5 meals and 10 meals packages are available.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We stopped in before going to the Princess Theatre. The server/bartender/cashier was super helpful, explaining the process of how to order at the bar. I got the pub burger & fries - it was a good burger, carmelized onions and a nice sauce with a small amount of lettuce ( I left the cheese off, but it comes with cheddar) and I'm going to tell you, I fell IN LOVE with the buttered, grilled bun at the very first bite. It was perfectly crisp and a tremendous compliment to the rest of the toppings. We had the bacon also, it was a bit less crisp than I prefer it to be, but the maple and sriracha flavors were tasty! Others at my table had the chicken Caesar wrap and the pimento cheese bacon sandwich, both enjoyed their selections. We will certainly be back to try other items, but the buttered grilled bun may feature heavily in mine!

Management response:Responded 15 September 2017

Thank you so much Tina! I remember talking to you, it was very nice to meet you ladies.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

While looking for a place to stop while traveling Eddie's popped up. It's a bit out of the way but oh so worth it.

The staff is super friendly and the restaurant has a modern chic vibe.

The burgers are awesome, the Triple Threat just wow. White Truffle Fries oh my. Ask for the house made Pub Sauce to dip you fries.

Well worth finding this hidden gem.

Management response:Responded 10 September 2017

Thank you so much guys for the kind words! It was very nice to meet you!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This was a good restaurant. I think I will get a sandwich when I go back. I had the burger and it was ok. The bread was really good. The only thing I didn't like was that you placed your order, then you found a seat. If you had not reviewed the menu before going, then you look and feel kinda awkward standing in line with a big menu in your hand. But all together this was a good visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I enjoy seeking out local restaurants when we're traveling. This spot offered us a varied menu. My wife had the pimento, and I enjoyed one of the burgers. Both were exceptional. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the bartender didn't know how to properly pour a Guinness. She poured it like all other drafts. A little training would go a long way.

Management response:Responded 28 June 2017

Thank you so much Michael! We'll definitely improve skills of our bartenders.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

The place has changed some but still very nice and friendly. We had lunch and both had the burger if this is your pick it's a hand full. They do give you a knife so you can cut it making it a lot easier to handle. Very good burger good price and enough to fill you up.

Management response:Responded 19 May 2017

Thank you so much! We are very glad you enjoyed your visit!