“Family lunch”

Ranked #115 of 162 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

My family and I opted to meet up for lunch here after running errands. We were seated right away and our order was taken. A short while later 4 of the 5 orders came out. The server assured the group that the last order was coming right out. The server came back about 10 minutes later and again said the order was coming. 10 more minutes later and everyone else was done eating when the final meal appeared from the kitchen. That meal was free as the server never rang it up to start with which was why it took so long to get the final meal. I just kept thinking I could have had faster service to drive around and get my order via the drive thru and come back in to eat it. The food did arrive correcting just not timely.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

My husband and I went into S&S on Tuesday , 08/29/ for a burger and a shake. We arrived at 4:50 pm and were seated and the server took our order. We ordered two shakes and both of us ordered a burger with fries and two glasses of water. My husband also ordered a cup of chili. Our water was brought right out. We sat and waited for over 30 minutes on our food .When they brought my husband his chili the top was crusted over like it had been siting back there on the counter for a WHILE. He had to ask for a spoon and crackers for his chili. His burger had grease dripping out of it . There were very few fries on either plates, but we ate our food and still we had not been brought our shakes. While we were still waiting for our shakes a group of young people came in and went up to the counter and started a conversation with some of the servers . They stayed about 10 minutes were all given a shake and they went back out the door and left. It was then that my husband and I realized that we had been waiting for an hour for TWO shakes when they had just given 5 to the young people that had just left. I don't know if they placed their order in the drive through and just came inside for them or not but still no one should have to wait that long for a shake. But that was not even the worse part , when we finally got our shakes after waiting for an hour they were melted . Just some melted ice cream with runny whip cream on top. Needless to say I WILL NEVER BE BACK TO STEAK AND SHAKE and will tell everyone I know about my experience there.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Very very disappointed with Steak and Shake today. I haven't ate here in a year and what a change a year makes! Service was extremely unacceptable. 3 separate tables that arrived after us got their food before we did, our ticket was documented for 12:53 and our ticket showed order ready at 1:05 however we waited more than 45 minutes to an hour for our food.no drink refills at all, no apologies. .no nothing..

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We have visited this location a couple of times and the service is always slow. I feel you have to beg for a refill on your drink and twice I had to ask twice for our check. The food has always been good but that doesn't make up for the wait!

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Waited over 5 minutes to be seated and no one in front of us (was not crowded). Then waited a good 15 to 20 to order. Food came in timely manner but my grandson and I ordered a milkshake and when food came we were told she would have to make them. We waited, then went ahead and ate finished and still no shakes, she came back and told us the person that made he shakes just got there. Told her to forget it and she offered us water!