“Nice, clean and very friendly”
Review of Holiday Inn Dothan

Holiday Inn Dothan
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 16 April 2017

After driving all day from Bradenton, FL and being unable to find any hotels with rooms in FL, we finally arrived in Dothan with a room available at 2:30 in the morning. Front desk clerk was super friendly and helpful!

The room was very nice and comfortable. The bed was amazing. They even provided 3 types of pillows to choose from. The room was quiet and I did not hear any noise in the hallways. The bathroom was large and nice. My only complaint was a bit of uncleaned area on the walls around the bathtub.

Our room did not have a mini-fridge. As an insulin user that was inconvenient but not a deal breaker.

I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Nice modern rooms. Plenty of plugs to charge your phone, laptop, etc. Stayed for business but would be good for a family (e.g., nice pool; not sure if it's heated though). Good mini fridge, microwave, and Keurig coffee maker in each room. Pretty good cookies for the afternoon snack in the lobby too!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2016

I have stayed here several times and not by choice but by my companies choice. The first time I stayed here, we had about 30 of my employees with us. At all the Holiday Inn Express' that I stay in, if I forget my silverware, I go down to the restaurant and ask and with out any issues they give me a set to use. Well this time, I walked into the restaurant and asked for some and the bartender told me it would be $0.50 to get some. No, I don't think so after the amount of money I have paid for the room. When I got up to my room, I turned on my TV and it wouldn't come on. This is the second time this has happened at this hotel and it seems like every time when some leaves the room, they unplug the cord out of the back of the TV because as soon as I would push it back in, it would work without issues. In the morning they have coffee that you can get but every morning (730-800) there was no coffee to be found. The water is not hot in the rooms and I feel dirty if I have to take a lukewarm shower. When I had the cleaning lady come into my room to clean, the shower was not clean, she didnt take all of the dirty towels and didnt pick the pen off of the floor. All she did was dump my trash and have way make my bed. The staff is ok but i have been around others that are way better. I have stayed at several HIE and this by far is the worst that I have ever stayed at!

Room Tip: Ask for pool side so you have a balcony with view of the pool
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Curry H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2016

Dear Curry H,

Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to review our hotel. It is truly regrettable that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay because of the level of service you received, specially the housekeeping service. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our hotel management to reconsider improvements needed.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 28 October 2016

We flew into Atlanta and drove down to PCB and stayed here overnight. Hotel was clean, staff was friendly and pool was nice.

Nothing spectacular, but what I was expecting and it was a nice stay. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2016

Dear scootusaHR,

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to hear that you liked our clean and comfortable room, helpful staff and convenient location. As it is always our goal to exceed your expectations, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the on-going construction you encountered. We will definitely look into this issue and assure you that we will take appropriate steps to provide exceptional service to each guest.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and concern. We hope hope to serve you soon the next time you are in the area.

Zelyn N.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

My wife and I drove down to Dothan, from Nashville, on our way home to Tampa. After a long day on the road we really didn't want to drive further. We were surprised to see the HIE had a restaurant downstairs & we opted to try. Here's the good news....it was downstairs! HIE is NOT ready for food service. There's a bar but ill prepared. We ordered a salmon & burger and it took more than 40 minutes. The cheese on my burger was semi-melted. I had to find the ketchup by myself. After numerous excuses, the food was written off. Bottom line, drive & find a restaurant prepared to serve the public.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck B
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Dear Charles B,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the restaurant service you received. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.