“under new management”
Review of Motel 6 Dothan

Motel 6 Dothan
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 18 August 2015

this place still needs some renovations but it is very nice for the price you pay. The new Manager is very friendly and welcoming. The staff was also very friendly. I saw one of the maintenance workers helping an elderly woman with her bags and that is clearly not in his job description but I like that they are all willing to go above and beyond their call of duty. the manager told us she put in a lot of work to redo the pool area and it showed. I stayed in a newer room and had no complaints. the hotel doesn't look the best but the staff makes up for it. I wish the pool hours were longer.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2015 via mobile

I stayed here while working there from out of town.Super ghetto!Drug dealers and addict infested.Every time you go outside,some thug is asking for beer,money,or ciggerettes.NO room service at ALL.The maids actually sling full bags of garbage from the top floor,to a garbage bin thats next to customers cars.Yes they miss the bin ALOT.The staff makes it even worse.The big,black,lesbian mgr.,will tell you where you can go,if you got anything to say about how they be runnin it there.The 1-800# is useless! You wait for over an hour on hold.And when you complain,they say they will resolve the problem,but they dont.This place is like paying to spend the night in a loud,uncouth penetentiary.Lots of nearby motels thats cheaper,and care about their customers.

• Stayed: March 2015
1  Thank boilermaker45
Reviewed 26 November 2014

I dont know where to start,no room service,you pay for Wifi that doesn't work,rude staff,and I think the maids are doing there job to live there. IT IS NOT WORTH THE $25 I SPENT PER NIGHT,I thought I would never say that about a motel.Staff and management needs to be replaced!

Room Tip: Paid Wifi but no Wifi they just charge you for it but put your laptop away,it does not work!!
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2014

For the $30 price I should have known better, but we were traveling with our dog and had few options. I'm not new to the Motel 6 experience or Super 8 for that matter, but this property represents the lowest possible lodging option available anywhere. Please understand that my rhetoric below is not an exaggeration. The room smelled like a overly used cat litter box upon which people extinguished cigarettes. A chemical and stale tobacco odor was so pronounced that we finally left in the middle of the night due to nausea.

As for other details the metal doors are horribly warped so they are loud opening and closing. And this price point encouraged many people who operate various businesses from the property. I heard knocking next door every half hour or so throughout the night. The walls were the customary balsa wood you find in a low end property. The sheets and mattresses were worn to the fact it just felt slimy being in the room. It was far from comical as we drove 10 hours to get to the their and had several hours the next day to complete our journey. Following this note, I am alerting the Dothan Health Department as the fumes in the room could not be up to code. It is possible they used exterior pain on the inside to try to mask the odor but instead the combination is a noxious off-gas. Do not stay at this property if you're looking for a clean, quiet room for the night.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank mntravelers55129
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We are happy to be pet-friendly, and have procedures in place related to our pet-policy that should have prevented the experience you had. We do accommodate our smoking guests with assigned smoking rooms and are sorry you experienced dissatisfaction from the issues you mention. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

roach infested staff nasty manger is to with her wanna be man butt horrible they have people living there even kids I move from room to room mexicans partying all night overall worst motel 6 I have stayed in u get what u pay for just take my advice don't waste ur money spend it on something worth it

• Stayed: November 2013