See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Cheap but the room and bathroom was very dirty. The beds were pretty clean. The room smelled of stale smoke. The pool area was small but nice. Free wifi, poor tv selections. Good for a quick one night stay, but not extended.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Nikki M
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Nikki, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to carrying a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

This hotel is run in a highly amateurish manner.

2 of the 3 lights in the bathroom were out: only the weak light in the shower worked. As the sink was external to the toilet/shower: the sink area was totally dark.

So when I go down to the front desk to discuss this and to get my free Motel 6 morning coffee: the "coffee bar" has already been taken down.

The sauce that's good for the goose is good for the gander: the employee who took down the coffee bar should have been checking the bathroom lights.

To close: the ole CRT TV is really a little passé.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank alastminutedeal

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to carrying a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

One of the best beds I have slept in in a long time, including my own. Enjoyed it a lot. They were also great in letting me have a ground floor room for my 76-year-old dog. Stairs are not her greatest thing and I don't like having to take her and luggage up and down. Thanks again.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Clifford W
Reviewed 22 February 2017

it was a very well kept up place, ill go there again. very well managed. No problems at all, love it very much. will return as soon as i head back that way. place was very ell kept up and clean. loved it

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Checked in, briefly, today. Didn't even go in the first room we were given, because all the parking in front of the room was full. Went back to the desk and asked if we could have a room a few doors down, so we could park near. Told we couldn't rent those rooms, and moved upstairs to 228 instead. The AC in that room didn't cool, it was just a fan. My boyfriend went back to the desk, the employee said "This time I am going to see for myself." He came to the room, switched the AC from high to low then back again, and told me it works. I tested it, and told him I didn't think it did. He returned to the front desk, and told my boyfriend he had fixed it but I didn't think he had. My boyfriend checked, and the AC was indeed still not working. Got our money refunded and checked into The Red Carpet Inn instead. In the rooms at Motel 6 was a note from Cameron, the motels General Manager, urging guest to rate the room highly on Tripadvisor. Said if it didn't meet expectations, to inform the staff and they would fix it. Cameron hoped everyone left the motel with a memorable experience, but I don't think this is the memorable he was looking for. I had high hopes too Cameron, but your employees just don't care about reviews or customers.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brandy O