“Try the Mexican cheesecake! Yum!”

Boldly Going Coffee Shop
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Description: Local coffee shop specializing in unique marital coffee, lattes, fraps and home made desserts. NOW offering lunch on Mon-Wed-Fri.
Reviewed 5 January 2015 via mobile

They have this delicious concoction of cheesecake/churro hybrid that is to die for! The shop is great for large groups of people and the lounge area has comfy couches to sit, sip and talk. The staff is always quick and courteous and super helpful on helping you decide what to order from there large drink menu. The only drawback I've run into is my friend asked if she could buy a banana for her toddler to munch on as we drank our coffee and the girl behind the counter said no. She said she needed it to make smoothies, obviously we were ok with it, but thought it a little strange to refuse to let someone buy a product that is clearly sitting on the counter ready to be used for consumption. I also hate there lids! They use the dome lids, which allow for whip and things of that nature, but I always get an over pour of my drink which then leaks all over me, the car, or anything else that comes in contact with my drink.

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I am always happy with the coffee that I get there. I've been to numerous coffee shops in the Wiregrass area and this by far has had the best coffee (though milky moos does amazing macchiatos and mochas) fast service (hard to come by especially when ordering coffee in the South), friendly baristas, and a great environment. Usually when I go to other coffee shops the quality of your coffee depends on your barista which really sucks. (Once I ordered a Carmel Americano with cream and the barista literally dumped the pot of house coffee in my drink and added room temp tap water :-/) Here I know that I can get a great drink every time; it really shows how well trained ALL their baristas are which is REALLY nice. :-)

Stephen L, Owner at Boldly Going Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Sarah, we are so glad you enjoy your visits. Thanks for the great feedback!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Boldly Going is great for the area! The people that work there are very nice and their coffee is much better than Dakotas!

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

I have only written one other review on trip advisor, but I was so impressed with this place that I wanted to make sure others knew about it. We came to Alabama because my husband is in a wedding, and stopped at this coffee shop on the way to the church. The atmosphere was laid back and casusal, there was only one person working but she was very friendly and efficient! I got a non fat caramel macchiato and it was fantastic! I love finding local coffee shops that actually know what they're doing!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I visit here at least twice a week. The peanutbutter mocha is like crack, the baked goods are so delicious. Great seating, and the barista and barista's are always super friendly and quick. Best tasting coffee too, way better than Starbucks.