“The best Buffet in florence”
Review of Mongolian Grill

Mongolian Grill
Ranked #113 of 167 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: http://local.yahoo.com/info-66343903-mongolian-grill-buffett-florence
Reviewed 1 November 2015

Even though this place is beside Kmart and I Have been coming here to eat for years, Out of All the Chinese Buffets or any buffet in the tri city area it is number one. the food and sheer variety is better than youll get at most places around here (im doing my best to avoid trashing other reviewers) the "Female owner" has actually always been very busy running around monitoring drinks and food on the bar and running registers, YET still Always greets us with a hello and speaks to my young daughter, whom tends to call her and waitresses (sweet tea)lol...At any rate The food at ANY buffet isn't 100% on point..but nothing in the tri cities is to be honest, However that this place is pretty darn consistent in the 80% of pretty dang good i mean if you think this place sucks...go eat at ryans..YUCK

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

Service was terrible, when you asked for things it was like an inconvenience or they just told you no. Food was not hot and that concerned me when there was chicken.

Reviewed 12 September 2015

Your average Chinese buffet. They have crab legs on weekend nights, but go up on the price, which is understandable. The problem is that some of the customers are sooooo rude. More often than not, the first person in line when a fresh batch of crab legs is put on the buffet, gets all and I do mean all of the crab legs. Not the owners fault I know but you better plan to stay a long time if you intend to eat from the weekend buffet and want to eat crab legs as they only put out a new pan about every 15 or 20 minutes. The owner walks around looking at the customers with a frown on her face like she thinks you are eating too much. Not at all friendly. Very skimpy and dried out dessert selection.

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

I am Asian and of course we are happy with Chinese food. We dislike the attitude of the female owner and she always throws at us a dirty look like where the tip was!!!! Several months ago, I convinced my husband to come back because I hope that they have been reading all the reviews and changed positively. But no, not at all. I do not think they know what tripadvisor is and read English well. It is way above horrible. Florence is not a place for this kind of business!

1  Thank Quynh N
Reviewed 4 March 2015

The outside of the building almost made us turn around, but we decided to go inside and see if the inside was better. Yes, it was. Got an unfriendly vibe from the employees from the beginning. Was shown to a table. The waitress could hardly understand English. She asked what I wanted to drink. I tried to ask her if the drink came with the buffet. Finally, I just said "water". I asked where the restroom was and she looked at me like I was from outerspace. Kind of aggravated me. I tried not to let that bother me. Got my plate and it looked like the variety of food was there. I piled up my plate and sat down. I started eating and one thing after another seemed so bland. I did eat one piece of beef and I chewed on it so much, I had to spit it out in a napkin. I felt if I swallowed it, I would indeed choke on it. One plate was enough for me. I did go get a few scoops of chocolate chip mint ice cream and it was very good. I guess I would have to say that the ice cream was better than anything. Another Chinese restaurant will be crossed off our list, that's for sure. My husband and I both gave a rating of C-. Maybe that is being too generous. When we checked out, we asked if they gave senior discounts. The Chinese guy behind the counter didn't know obviously and asked a woman sitting nearby. Neither of these people were friendly at all. We did get a senior discount but no amount of discount would make us go back.

2  Thank FoxeyLemon