All reviewsstayed herefront deskclean room and bathroomteenage boyswould definitely stay here againwithin walking distancehot tubfamily reuniongeneral managersoftball tournamentgreat customer serviceking bedfirst floorindoor poolcoffee makergreat breakfasta great stay
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

First, it is convenient to the highway, and there are several restaurants very close to this hotel. Second, front desk was courteous. Third, the hotel was clean.

Negatives: Breakfast was average. No extra pillows or blankets. The bedding is very scratchy/rough feeling. It takes two pillows to even make a decent sleeping surface. The bath tub is so shallow that it didn’t even cover the top half of my body while laying down. The pool area was horrible. The pool coping is crumbling into the pool, and it doesn’t look like it’s been cleaned for awhile. (Sediment was piled on the pool floor) The bottom of this pool is tougher than the worst concrete. The whirlpool is colder than the pool, it is not operational, and based on other reviews, it’s been broken since January. Maintenance in this area is severely lacking.

The hotel is fine for business, but not for families that expect the pool area to be clean, and functional.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

We are so sorry to hear about your poor experience this week at our hotel. Please be assured we will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was so clean and fresh. The bedding was so comfortable! Nearby restaurant within walking distance. We left early so did not have breakfast. We will return next year on our way south!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate your staying with us and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay at this Fairfield. What really sold me on it was the awesome customer service. I called the night before to see if the pool was operational and was given great customer service over the phone so I booked.

Check-in was a breeze. The young lady gave us some good tips on eateries around the area. The room was decent and the towels were fresh. The pillows were awesome and it was spacious. The gym was small but served it's purpose. The pool and heated jacuzzi was nice and clean. Even though it was indoors it didn't reek of chlorine.

I needed to stay the another night and we booked again but couldn't get the same room because they were booked. I took a king bed with couch. I expected the smaller space but the room was not up-to-par and as clean as the first room. It had a slight odor and the wallpaper was visibly peeling in the living space and in the bathroom. The water gathered in the sink and the toilet ran a bit. It just wasn't as clean as our previous room from the night before. I wouldn't have booked twice if I had the second room on the first night.

The breakfast was decent. They had all the fixings needed for oatmeal. There was fresh fruit, quick grits and juice assortments. Refrigerators and a coffee maker were in both rooms.

Otherwise, everything else was nice. I suggest that management or owners make all the rooms as nice and appealing across the board.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for the review of your guest suite. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We've stayed here a few times since it is convenient to family. The hotel is nice and clean, the staff (Angela A.) is friendly, and the breakfast is good. The rooms are good sized with comfy beds and large bathrooms. Nice indoor pool. The location is convenient to restaurants and the interstate.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

The lobby here was definitey redone though the rooms are slightly less decorated. The location has convenient food and shopping nearby.  It's also a quick drive to the highways and about 20 mins to Birmingham Airport.  Did not use any ammenities but would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018