“Wonderful catfish and great service”
Review of Mud Creek BBQ

Mud Creek BBQ
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Mud Creek. The service was great and I believe the catfish was as nearly perfect as it could possibly be. It was hot, perfectly cooked and almost melted in my mouth. Three of us had combination plates. Two of us had catfish and the third ended up ordering a single piece of catfish after tasting some of ours. We had a great time.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

These are my favorite hush puppies ever! They aren't too greasy, cooked too long, or have an over-whelming onion flavor. I could eat them with white sauce (which you have to ask for) every day.

I had the pulled pork sandwich, with slaw on the side. They have some kind of weird spicy mustard slaw, so I'm glad it wasn't on my sandwich. The sandwich was low on meat, unfortunately. And the bun was either stale or they toast it. It was crunchy and sharp. Not qualities I like in buns. The meat was also just not good. I guess they intend for you to drown the whole thing in sauce.

Others in my group had the catfish and said it was delicious. I won't go out of my way to go here again, but if I'm in the area, I'll stop again for ALL the hush puppies and try the catfish.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

The food is delicious! Very is dining area! Love the big windows over looking MudCreek!! I've only been three times, but I have liked everything I've tried so far!

Reviewed 7 January 2017

We were in the area and looking for a place to eat dinner. I found this place listed on the Internet as a Fish Camp Restaurant. My wife really likes fish camp restaurants, so we decided to give it a try. This is really about the only thing in the area, just about a mile off US 72. It was a Wednesday night and they were not busy. The restaurant is very nice inside, looks pretty new although our server said it was built in 2000.
Our service was very good, server very friendly and informative. We were served hush puppies with our drinks, which my wife said were good (I don't eat hush puppies), but she would have liked them hot instead of barely warm. She ordered fried catfish which she said was very good. I ordered grilled white fish, which I would not recommend. It was very bland and a little watery. We both had coleslaw and potato salad as our sides, and both sides were very good, especially the potato salad. I had key lime pie for dessert, which was quite good. The price was very reasonable and other than the white fish, all the food was very good. Although the name says barbecue, it is also known as a fish camp restaurant. We didn't try the barbecue, but noticed on the menu they have pork, ribs, and chicken. If in the area at meal time, we'd definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Very nice place off the beaten path some of the best Catfish i have ever had, a must try will return and try the remainder on their menu. If passing thru on Hwy 72 you gotta try it and i know my food.