All reviews pool table within walking distance trendy hotel shops and restaurants great area fun place parking garage lobby bar sliding door great customer service business trip flat screen tv indoor pool the room was nice birmingham wedding elaine
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel was great! The room was comfortable, and the layout was perfect for 3 people trying to all shower, get dressed and do makeup/hair at the same time. Great location within walking distance to shops and restaurants. My only complaint is that we requested early check-in, and after driving 9 hours through the night hoping for a nap, our room wasn’t ready for a few hours due to being overbooked. However, the staff did their best to accommodate us.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Elaine P, General Manager at aloft Birmingham Soho Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us!

I'm so glad you had a chance to enjoy the local area. While we were not able to accommodate the early check in request, I'm glad the team worked to take care of you. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional service and accommodations, and we continue to seek out solutions when problems arise.

We hope to see you again soon when travel may bring you to Birmingham!

Regards,

Elaine Powell

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel late in the evening and was able to find the last parking spot in their parking garage. I felt safe inside the garage cause it was well lit and close to the doors of the hotel.
Check in was easy, since my company took care of my reservations. The receptionist helped me out quickly and I was on my way to the 4th floor room.
The atmosphere is very modern. The doors to all the rooms are 8' tall. No idea why. It's not like they have tall luggage carts here. When I first walked into the room I noticed that the door closer arm rubs the ceiling, not a big deal. The room was very clean, everything was in its rightful place. The housekeeping staff did a very nice job getting the room ready for my stay.
Two queen size beds, desk, bench to sit on and a loud A/C was in the main room. Walk into the washroom area, 1 sink and a long counter. Turn around and you have a wardrobe closet that has curtain to conceal your clothes. The shower and toilet are in the same room this room is separated by a sliding door/full length mirror. The door has a chuck missing out of it due to the repeating collusion it has with the sink countertop. Architects what are they thinking ? Then shower was very nice; nice glass front, tile work and very good water pressure coming from the shower head. I was entertained by a, I'll say a 42" flat screen tv. I couldn't find a TV guide telling me what stations was on what channel, so I surfaced. A lot of the stations are analog, it just so happens any show I wanted to watch was on a analog station. I guess I miss my Dish Network. Spoiled I am.
There was no ice on my floor. I had to go see the receptionist in the lobby and she said ice is on floors 3 & 5. So I was off in search for ice.
I found the business office in case I needed to use a desk top computer/printer. Glad I didn't, there would not have been any privacy. It is in the hallway leading to the workout room and pool. But there is an ATM close by to use.
In the lobby, there was a bar, for an evening drink. If you feel like shooting a game of pool you can do that to. There is a place for breakfast for you. Glad there is an ATM close by cause you have to purchase you food.
All in all, I would stay here again. Staff was friendly, housekeeping did a fine job fixing up my room on the second night and the Director of Sales wrote me a nice note and gave me a drink voucher for 1 drink at the bar. In saying that... it is beer thirty. I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Really nice trendy hotel, in a trendy neighborhood. Seems very safe with shopping right there.Pet friendly, nice urban room, very comfortable. Dining choices everywhere close. Reasonable. Nice sized room.Very pleasant hotel staff.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Elaine P, General Manager at aloft Birmingham Soho Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Very clean hotel in a neat area of Birmingham. We came here for a business meeting and the hotel is within walking distance of great restaurants and shopping. The room was a little noisy on Saturday morning due to some sort of race going on in the front of the hotel, which of course, they could not control.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Elaine P, General Manager at aloft Birmingham Soho Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for staying with us!

I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy the dining and shopping in the neighborhood. I will share the compliments with the team, they work very hard to keep up our busy hotel.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Most uncomfortable beds i have ever laid on. Poor TV location. Heater unit smelled awful every time we turned on. Requested extra sheets to make up for the cold and the front desk said we would have to come get them from the front. Got charged a smoking fee.

I'm sure the general manager, Elaine Powell never works or just refuses to return messages. left multiple messages and also filed a dispute with the credit card company. The credit card company also saying that they are unable to reach the location for follow up.

i have cancelled my SPG account just due to this stay. NEVER AGAIN.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Elaine P, General Manager at aloft Birmingham Soho Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Thank you for taking the time to get us your feedback. I will definitely follow up on the guest room and service issues detailed above.

I apologize we have not connected, and the number I have from your messages was not answered and did not offer a voicemail.

I'm happy to discuss with you any of your charges.

Thank you again for staying with us. I hope we will connect soon.

Best regards,