Courtyard by Marriott Birmingham Homewood
Autograph
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

US$117
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

US$107
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe staff was extremely friendlyparfaitnice shoppinggreat night's sleepbit out of the waybeautiful lobbybit datedlate at nightearly checknice sizewould definitely stay here againshopping and restaurantsfitness centerdonutsshower headexercise roombed was very comfortable
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Visited family in Birmingham recently and they recommended this as it was very close to everything. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable. We had a problem with the bathroom when we first checked in and I called the front desk. The maintenance person was there within five minutes and took care of the problem promptly. There is a Starbucks in the lobby which made my husband very happy. Will definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here one night. Location convenient for us. Quiet location not on top of an interstate highway. But the window AC unit was very loud. It was controlled by a thermostat on the wall but the fan was loud when it ran. Had to wear earplugs and strangely run my own fan that I brought and take double sleep meds. Why can’t someone make a quiet window AC unit? They all sound like jet engines. Also the small lotion bottle in the bathroom was almost empty. I didn’t realize they don’t replace them with each new guest. No complimentary breakfast here and the cafe prices are high. Check in staff was friendly as it was very late after a long day.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Amber H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Birmingham Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal. I want to apologize for the noise and also for the amenities not being replaced in your room. I have shared your feedback with my team to ensure this is an isolated issue moving forward. I am very pleased to hear that the staff was friendly upon your arrival after a long travel day. If there is anything that I can do to make your next stay in Homewood more enjoyable please let me know.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I typically stay at this location once per quarter. The staff are polite and attentive.

The hotel is an odd shape and guests can expect a long walk to the room.

My only comments for opportunity stem from the age of the hotel - it could use a facelift. The carpet is very worn and the beds are sinking.

This time - the hallway smelled of cigarette smoke - even though it is a non smoking hotel.

A few cap ex improvements would be great.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2018

I have stayed at this hotel a few times since my son moved to Alabama. It gets better with each visit. The hotel has been upgraded in the last few years with a lovely new lobby and restaurant onsite. Staff is friendly, helpful and everything is pristine. The onsite restaurant is nice and convenient for travelers. Check in and check out were a breeze and the hotel was quiet. A great night's sleep on the comfy Marriott beds.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the courtyard have less noise than ones facing the parking lot usually.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2018

This particular Courtyard Marriott was everything we needed, and nothing we didn't--- no bellhops with tip-hands ready, no loud gangs of teenagers running through the halls, no hidden fees or unpleasant surprises. Our room on the first floor was spotlessly clean and I always check the bed first before setting down my luggage and it was aaaaahhh... firm yet soft and comfortable with plush bedding and smooth sheets. Excellent wifi, nice roomy bathroom area, GREAT workdesk and comfy sofa to watch TV from. Even got a free chocolate cookie from the front desk. The location was on Lakeshore Dr. and had its own traffic light. This is a very busy area in Homewood, but we didn't hear a peep all night from traffic, other patrons or anything. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family