“Best Fried Chicken”

Little Donkey
Ranked #4 of 91 Restaurants in Homewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Ate here with a large group recently and I thought it was pretty good for upscale Mexican. We tried a couple of the tamales, guac, tacos and weirdly enough fried chicken. All of us were skeptical of the guy in the group who ordered the chicken, but he made the right choice! It was crunchy, spicy and tender. Who knew?!? I would def go again (but would change my order to the chicken)!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Oh my gosh, what a great lunch. We sat outside on an abnormally warm January day. I had Fried Chicken, crispy potatoes and street corn. Wow! The street tacos were amazing too, that pork was soo tender. I cant wait to try more. Even the ice was awesome.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

... We tried Little Donkey, while staying in Hoover. The portions were decent size and the food and drinks were good. I ordered chicken enchiladas which came on two huge plates to accommodate the sides. They brought my large bowl of chicken enchilada soup at the same time, which was rather embarrassing to take up so much table. I had to send the soup back due to lack of room, but I really wish it had come out before the entree, as I wanted to try it. The Mexican corn was the best part of my meal. The enchiladas were pretty good and my top shelf margaritas (2) were excellent. Mace or Mason (sorry) kept us entertained with his mixology skills at the bar. Overall, I think this is a great little place and we’ll be back next time we are in town.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I have family who lives in Homewood, and we frequent Little Donkey. The food is good and so are the prices. The food has pretty good flavors. I also am not a fan of salsa, so I do not know if it is good or not, but my family always eats it. I will be going back and I would recommend.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

This little place gets 5’s for everything but flavor. Was expecting more robust flavors from the salsa’s and the tacos. I had the brisket and the Adobada. The green chili burger was highlight of our meal. Burrito bowl was huge. Tequila Mockingbird and Paloma were great. Beer was a little warmer than I wanted and I wanted a cold glass with my bottled beer. Staff was excellent. Music was a little loud but the selection was great. I would return and sample the rest of the tacos, cheese dip and Caesar salad bowl. I would suggest an appetizer sampler of all the salsa’s and an entree sampler of all the tacos