“Modern Mexican”

Little Donkey
Ranked #4 of 91 Restaurants in Homewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

My family and I went here while visiting my sister who lives near Homewood. We eat Mexican a lot and have a very large Hispanic population where we are from. This food was completely different than any Mexican I have eaten. The meat is smoked - this was just okay. I got the Enchilada Verde. The enchilada shells were good. I did not like the salsa. I'm a BIG salsa lover but really didn't not like the salsa. We also got the queso and it was not the best. It was kind of flavorless. The atmosphere was great but overall, this was just average.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

After a day of shopping, our son suggested Little Donkey for quacamole and tacos. It was perfect weather so we ate outside. Everything tasted very fresh. If we could have changed anything we would have turned down the music a little bit so we could have enjoyed our conversation more.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Ate here with a large group recently and I thought it was pretty good for upscale Mexican. We tried a couple of the tamales, guac, tacos and weirdly enough fried chicken. All of us were skeptical of the guy in the group who ordered the chicken, but he made the right choice! It was crunchy, spicy and tender. Who knew?!? I would def go again (but would change my order to the chicken)!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Oh my gosh, what a great lunch. We sat outside on an abnormally warm January day. I had Fried Chicken, crispy potatoes and street corn. Wow! The street tacos were amazing too, that pork was soo tender. I cant wait to try more. Even the ice was awesome.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

... We tried Little Donkey, while staying in Hoover. The portions were decent size and the food and drinks were good. I ordered chicken enchiladas which came on two huge plates to accommodate the sides. They brought my large bowl of chicken enchilada soup at the same time, which was rather embarrassing to take up so much table. I had to send the soup back due to lack of room, but I really wish it had come out before the entree, as I wanted to try it. The Mexican corn was the best part of my meal. The enchiladas were pretty good and my top shelf margaritas (2) were excellent. Mace or Mason (sorry) kept us entertained with his mixology skills at the bar. Overall, I think this is a great little place and we’ll be back next time we are in town.