“Have been going here for years”

Nabeel's Cafe and Market
Ranked #18 of 93 Restaurants in Homewood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Great atmosphere and fantastic food. Mediterian style food with a wide selection of dishes. The Greek Style Baked Chicken is excellent. The Spinach Pies are great either as a meal or as an appetizer. The Lamb Chops are another must have when you go. And don't forget the Baklava or Tiramisu or Cannoli for dessert.

There is a market attached to the Cafe that is a great place to shop for food items and stuff that you cannot get in your local grocery stores.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

This small hidden gem has a wide, varied menu which includes some Italian dishes along with Greek dishes.
My husband had the Athenian gryo wrap plate and I had the Athenian gryo wrap. The meat was thick and tasty, the tsatsiki sauce wonderful. Our server was fast, efficient, and friendly.
Some of the best Greek food I've eaten.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Our second time here. When we were house hunting last year we stumbled upon this place. I ordered the gyro platter both times and was so happy both times!! The food is 10/10 and the service was great!! The baclava is amazing as well! Will miss this place when we move ;(

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Hadn't been to Nabeels in years. I remembered it as great food, good service, good menu. And I'd been craving some really good spanakopita! Layers of spinach, cheese and flaky phyllo dough. What I was served (by the hostess/waitress/cashier) was a shapeless mess of spinach filling with a small patch of tough, soggy phyllo on top, doused with parmesan cheese to hide it all. No phyllo on the bottom, no layers in between. Just that little, flavorless patch on top. Oh! And when I asked for lemon, I was given a plate with a single lemon wedge - an already squeezed lemon wedge, in fact! So, to sum it up. Our waitress was overworked, the food was mediocre and the place needs a lot of love. I won't be back. Really disappointing birthday treat.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Part of a large gathering of over 20 people, in a private dining room. Great service with very large portions. Starters on table plus Greek salad and very large entree size portions. Very happy with food and service.