“Go Johnny”

Johnny Brusco's New York Style Pizza
Ranked #66 of 176 Restaurants in Hoover
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Description: Johnny Brusco’s is proud to bring authentic, great-tasting New York Style Pizza and a variety of housemade dinners, craft beers, subs and more to the neighborhoods we call home. After a small-town start in 1977, we’ve grown to over 70 pizzerias across the Southeast. Our dough is made fresh daily, never frozen, hand-tossed and topped with the best ingredients we can find - premium mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, fresh-packed tomatoes, hand-cut veggies, and Italian sausage and beef with no fillers. Then each pizza is brick-oven baked until it’s golden brown, always with our signature soft and crispy crust, and served hot at your table. At Johnny Brusco’s, we grew up enjoying and perfecting pizza, and now we’re sharing our passion with everyone we serve.
Reviewed 10 June 2017

We had the pizza, calzone, and other things but we thought the pizza was the best choice. The staff is very nice and the place was very busy. Reasonably priced

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Out of all the pizza available in Hoover, in my opinion, this is the best. Nothing against the other well known locally owned pizza places, I like a couple of them as well, but the Johnny's Italian Special pizza is #1 for us. We order it with a thin crust, but their crust is very good no matter how you order. Also, the Johnny's Special Sub is awesome, you gotta get one of them while you're there. Wish they delivered, but two outa thee ain't bad! Try it, you'll be glad you did!

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Our second visit and overall we were pleased. The service the first time was exceptional. To be fair, it wasn't very busy.

The second time, our server provided great service with the only exception of not coming back to fill up our drinks after coming by a few times before. Again, it was much busier than before and the customer's were spaced inside and out.
Great recommendation on the garlic knots.
I must say that I like the pizzas over the calzones. Both great, but the pizza is better. The preparation is one of the fastest I've seen in pizza places.

The only thing that surprised me was that when I offered a $100 bill on a $47 tab, she stated that counterfeits keep them from accepting hundreds below $50 tabs.

As a business owner myself, I use a $1 counterfeit pen instead of paying 2.5% or more because I used an AMEX totaling $57 with tip. The chances of a new $100 bill being fake are slim to none. It's also a tad insulting to insinuate that I might be trying to pass fake money. But, if fake $100 bills have become such an issue in a Hoover, I clearly understand.

But, we will come back for sure. I'll just be sure to bring a debit card instead of cash.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

Good pizza but the atmosphere is lacking. It is a sit down and order place and they also do take-out.

We tried the garlic Knots that everyone raves about - they were good (nothing exceptional). I probably wouldn't get them again.

The pizza was good and came out quickly. We got sausage & pepperoni. Nice crust and good amounts of cheese and toppings. Took the leftovers home and they reheated well.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

We were in the area so had to try it again. The pizza was again excellent! Lots of options for pizza, sandwiches, and specialty items. The meat lovers with anchovies is my favorite. Add a cold beer and this place is a must stop if you like pizza. Service is fast and friendly. Note that the listing is Birmingham but location is 1 mile off I459 on Hwy 150....looks to be more in Hoover.