All reviews double tree warm cookies ceiling fan road construction memorial parkway breakfast buffet sitting area beds were very comfortable redstone arsenal staff was very friendly business trip great room enjoyed my stay front desk staff easy access nice stay very nice hotel
Reviewed 22 November 2015

Just spent a week here. Let me start out by saying that the staff here was very typical Hilton. Courteous and pleasant at all times. My group was served breakfast daily on the 2nd floor and the lady working this Mon-Fri was very good and always friendly.
The lobby is decorated nicely and the hotel is convenient to Redstone and many restaurants. My room was ok and possibly somewhat fairly renovated but I'm not certain. It looked it but it also looked worn in places. The carpet in front of the bathroom was very frayed and the bathroom wasn't as clean and you become accustomed to with Hilton. My biggest issue though was the bed. On night one I woke up with my face on the mattress as the ill fitting top sheet never fit well and rode up. I called the front desk and ask they have the staff fix this when they clean the room. Well, happened the next night as apparently nothing was done. While I'm sure the sheets are clean I really don't like the idea of sleeping on the mattress while it's exposed. The next time I left a note on the bed telling the staff to fix it. After this it wasn't a problem. This is a hotel where if you have to spend a week or more there and you're required to bring lunch then you'll be disappointed in the standard small hotel fridge. I could go buy a sandwich somewhere and place it in the fridge for the next day but I would have preferred to buy various lunch meats, condiments and so on but couldn't. And management-I challenge you to go into room 112 and try to pull up the handle to plug the sink. Bet you can't thanks to the faucet you have there. I have to assume all rooms are like this. Someone didn't think that one out too well. The wi-fi was constantly requiring me to log back in and is something I'e never seen at a Hilton.
When I come back I'll likely stay at the Embassy Suites or Extended Stay. Again, nice staff but the hotel, IMHO, didn't quite stand up to the usual Hilton quality.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Toby K, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate it when our guests take the time to let us know how pleasant their stay was. Customer care and cleanliness are amongst our highest priorities and we do measure ourselves on the standard of service our guests receive. I am having our team look at that faucet as well. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to hotel in the future

Reviewed 9 November 2015

The grounds are well kept and the staff is there to get you what you need. The food was great and it was good to stop by the bar and have a drink or two before heading up to the room for the night. Well worth the money and located right where it needs to be.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is our top priority that guest’s expectations are met and exceeded and I’m glad to hear how enjoyable your stay was. We really appreciate it when someone notices the hard work and dedication that we put forth for each of our guests. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with our team. We are grateful for your support and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you to hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

Not a bad place to stay while in Huntsville. Shuttle van was a plus to get around town and back and forth from the airport. The Hotel Staff was very pleasant to deal with. The bistro restaurant downstairs was a good spot to eat as well.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I was happy to read your response and see that you had a great stay during your recent trip to our area. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our restaurant and lounge. The next time you are in the hotel please give me the opportunity to meet you and personally thank you for your kind review

Reviewed 4 November 2015

While a frequent traveler, this is the first stay at a Double Tree We have used other HIlton facilities, and have read good reports about this division.

The facility had a distinctly different architecture. But I digress...

Reception at the desk was pleasant and quick. The room was ample, but gave the appearance of not having a through vacuuming from the last occupant. However, the bath was clean, and important plus.

The only disappointing feature was the breakfast. There is a very nice appearing restaurant on the premises. In the morning, when we went to the restaurant, we were the first customers,. We were giving the choice of ordering off of the menu or using the buffet. We chose the buffet: Bad choice. First customers, and everything was cold: Eggs, potatoes, grits. How could this be? They even scrimped on the coffee. This left a bad impression on the whole stay.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank John P

I was happy to read your response and see that you had a nice stay during your recent trip to our area. It is our staff who represents us and gives attentive and friendly service. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am sorry that your breakfast experience was not to our usual standards.We take seriously the feedback that you provide and I assure you we are investigating your concerns. I hope we have the honor of hosting you again in the future. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit!

Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

Compared with a cheap motel, this is an awesome place to stay! But as part of the doubletree chain, it's a comfortable stay but nothing outstanding. Breakfast buffet was pretty good but expensive if you don't have a coupon. Room service menu was limited and rather costly. Bed was comfortable - fridge and microwave and a/c functioned properly. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Restroom was clean and functional. Lots of towels! I didn't leave the room early and had the "do not disturb" sign up, like I was sleeping in. Maid knocked on my door around 10am (check out is noon) to "check her rooms". If I have the little "do not disturb" sign up, doesn't that mean do not disturb? What if I was sleeping in? Not a big deal, but I thought it kinda unusual. I would stay here again - but for sure on higher floors. Parking is adequate and the area seemed safe. Several places to eat outside in the area.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience you incurred at our hotel. We strive for excellence in customer service and it is reviews like yours that help us correct any inconsistencies. I hope that you afford us a future opportunity to regain your trust, so that you have the true DoubleTree experience the next time you visit Huntsville.