Candlewood Suites Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$112
TownePlace Suites
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$97
All reviewsresearch parknice bar restaurantindoor poolfree passopen year roundfree popcornbreakfast buffetshuttle driverstayed here for two nightsvery comfortable staylocation is greatstaff was friendlylate checknice accommodationsfront desk stafffirst floorhot tub
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The night my husband and I stayed the pool was green. I called the front desk and they offered me a free breakfast, which we had other plans. The manager calls me to offer me a 10.00 Credit, which I still have not received and was told the pool was okay to swim in.. Really?? Why would anyone want to swim in a pool that looks like algae is in it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drchandler2018
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

drchandler2018, We are very sorry and of course embarrassed by the sate of our pool, especially in the middle of summer. We unfortunately had two filters go out and we could not get service for a week. The pool has been remedied now. If you would like to contact us either at 1-800-845-7275 or at hsvrp@aol.com we will do our best to make up for our mistakes. Our deepest apologies again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Do yourself a favor and pay a little more to avoid this hotel. It is very outdated and not maintained well. The floor would have been more comfortable than the bed. The air conditioning was also very inconsistent. The bathroom cabinets were all scarred up and the pool was green. I would have thought the pool was closed but I saw a pool toys and chairs near it. I'm not sure who would be brave enough to enter it. I would give it 2 stars only because it's close to top golf and the check in process was easy. The check out process was a bummer since they fail to put my receipt under the door making the process take longer. As an HG rewards member you typically get that as part of your service. I would not return to this dump

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Benjie77
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Benjie77, We are so sorry for the inconveniences during your stay. A malfunctioning pump for pool caused our issue and unfortunately had to wait on repair company to get it. Very embarrassing for summer time. As far as the state of room, although we are about to start a 4.5 million dollar renovation, there is no excuse for it's status. If there is anything we may do to make it up to you please contact us at 1-800-845-7275 or at hsvrp@aol.com. Thank you for your feedback as well.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I arrived at the property after my comedy gig. I was tired and the hotel was very nice and clean and a party was going on. The front desk could not find my reservation and I was worried cause it was sold out. She finally found my name but the reservation was taken from the hotel wrong and for sat night I was there on fri night. Before I overreacted the greatest clerk found a room to give me and I was saved. The room was clean and comfy and I was ready to sleep. The television would not turn on. I walked to the desk and they switched my room stat. Very helpful and courteous. I loved the 2nd room I slept like a baby.. the property and hotel were very nice and the pool is awesome. Great parking and staff I will return this place was great.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you David R for staying with us and your feedback. We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 25 May 2018

I spent a week here in May 2018 for a business trip. Location is nice and within a mile of many decent restaurants (chains and local). There is a Top Golf next door as well as a new "Mid-City" research park being built (probably completed by 2019) that will include parks, restaurants, business areas and even a pond for kayaking....sounds pretty cool. Hotel amenities are standard. There's a nice indoor/outdoor pool with sitting areas for reading. There's also a hot tub and a small workout room with elliptical, treadmill, and bike. I read that there is an option to work out at a gym across the street but you would need to inquire at the front desk for the pass. My room is clean and decent but the A/C was entirely too loud. It kicked on and off every five minutes and kept me up all night. Breakfast is not included with the room price and you will be charged $10 each day if you decide to eat in the restaurant. The restaurant is nice, but I passed on the breakfast. There is a refrigerator, microwaves, and Kuerig in the room with two k-cups provided each day. Coffee is not available in the lobby.....but in the restaurant as long as you buy the breakfast. I would probably stay here again for the points, but highly recommend getting the AC units fixed.

Room Tip: Room 420 has a loud AC unit
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank garrettx75
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Thank you for all your feedback. Please accept our deepest apologies for the loud ac unit. We are starting a complete renovation to begin in July to update our hotel. We hope we get the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel accommodated our HS Softball team the last two years for the regional tournament. I must say that this hotel has some of the most helpful and friendliest staff of any hotel we have stayed, and we have stayed at quite a few. The rooms were comfortable, the rates were very reasonable, and the amenities were super nice (pool, breakfast, restaurant, etc.). Again, I can’t say enough about how great the staff are, especially since we had 18 girls, coaches and parents staying here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business