“Basic Econo Lodge fare”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lanett
Reviewed 12 March 2017

I got pretty much what I expected from the Econo Lodge brand. Was just looking for a quick overnight as I headed back to Texas from "back east". I had attended the Atlanta NASCAR race that day and this location was very convenient for leaving the racetrack and getting a couple hours driving in before stopping for the night. There were two small downsides. First the noise from the bathroom above my room was very loud when the tub water was turned on. Second, the breakfast was very basic....cereal, prewrapped pastry, coffee....a bit less than many other Econo Lodges. On the plus side, the bed mattress, was one of the most comfortable of my trip.

Room Tip: Consider second floor room to avoid loud bathroom noise from adjacent rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank David W

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

The two ladies where very nice and helpful. HOWEVER at 3am I awoke and went to the bathroom and when I returned to the bed I saw an insect going across the sheet. This thing was completely comfortable with the light on and having worked in pest control that told me this room/hotel has a serious problem. I killed to more and the last one upon close inspection looked like a tick. Trying several times to kill it and it's refusal to verified my thoughts.At this point I gave the room the once over and adjusted all my stuff which I will have to inspect closely before putting them in my vehicle. There was/is hair on the sheet on the opposite end of the bed (that does not belong to me), and hair and dead bugs in the shower. Glad I bought my flip flops andfoot spray. Well it's 4:11 am guess I'll be up the rest of the night.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Danny P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

sorry for your bad experience. this is hardly the case where a guest has any issues regarding pests that the hotel staff was unable to resolve. normally we exchange rooms to the guest once they had any issues. i understand that it was really late into the night/ early morning so you were unable to change rooms. please do consider our hotel again, we will be glad to give you a reasonable discount. please contact the hotel with valid guest information from your previous stay so we can give you the discount. thanks for your cooperation!!

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

This is an average hotel, you can tell the cleaning crew does come everyday, but why in the world do they come at 6am. We came here evaluating from Hurricane Matthew. I'm glad they didn't up their prices due to necessity. If you need any towels after hours they won't have them til housekeeping comes in the morning.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Danny P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

sorry for any problems you encounters while you stay at the hotel. we are sorry for any inconvenience you had experienced.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

The two ladies working the desk from 3 - 11, and 11- 7 are awesome. Very sweet and tried really hard to make the stay pleasant. This was strictly a business trip, and it was convenient. The internet didn't work for the majority of the time. Phone never worked, despite being told the manager personally checked it. So don't count on a wake up call!!! They do NOT take CLC (Corporate Lodging) as do every other Econo Lodge, so it will come out of your pocket business travelers. I did not participate in "Breakfast" as the only options were a sweet cereal, a bran cereal, white bread and raisin bread for toast, and two containers of yogurt in little refrigerator. There was apple juice in a pitcher also in little refrigerator. Coffee was out when I went to get some on my way to work, as there was a construction crew staying that pretty much took care of that. NO coffee makers in room. The most positive thing I can say is, this property was located about 2 miles from where I was working in town, and leave it at that!

Room Tip: I would imagine they are all about the same.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

There is not words that can explain this place. I slept with my clothes on, the sheets looked dirty. The towels were stained with God knows what. When the person in room over me went to bathroom you could here it all. The lock was broken on door and the air conditioner sounded like it was going to lift off any moment. The carpet could have used a cleaning as well. When someone spoke outside, it sounded like they were in the room with you.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Danny P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

so sorry that you encountered these problems at our hotel. my humble apologies. everyday we learn from what our guest's responses and i reassure that this will be taken very seriously amongst my staff. please contact hotel GM, danny, and see if this matter could be settle with a discount on your last stay. sorry

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!