Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Madison)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscookiesfront deskeggsoatmealcome back laterheated poolwonderful hotelwalls are thinthe maintenance manfavorite chaincaring staffboth morningsfamily staycoffee makerroom was clean and comfortablefirst morningfree hot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While in Madison on a business trip, my husband and I had room 214, a very large one bedroom suite with a king size bed. I was hopeful the remodel happening in the lobby as we arrived had also happened in our rooms, but, there was obvious wear on the edge of the carpet, and spots needed cleaning at the very least. We were in this room from Monday to Thursday, 3 nights. Each morning, the occupants in the room above woke us up at 5 a.m. with the floor creaking so loudly above our heads in the bedroom/restroom area; this continued to 6 a.m. We could hear their shower running and their footsteps as well. The first morning this happened, we asked if the hotel could keep the room above vacant until we checked out or, move us to that room or another top floor room. But, the clerk said they were booked up, which, I believe was true. So we endured. The 2nd night, my husband slept on the couch, and the 3rd night we rotated, I slept on the couch. The hide-a-bed was horrible, like all of them are! I was very happy to be checking out Thursday, looking forward to sleeping in my own, quiet room, sleep as late as I wanted to! The breakfast at this hotel was not bad, but, it did not suit my mood for lack of sleep or taste. I ate Raisin Bran both mornings, which is odd because it is my least favorite cereal normally. The orange juice was a bit sweet, but, the bold coffee served was good. There was no bacon the days we were there. One night, I wanted to make coffee in my room, but, the coffee maker did not work. At least the internet gave good service. Check-out morning, having been woke up bright and early again by the upstairs occupants, same as the two previous mornings, we packed up and went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. The redeeming quality of this hotel was the large jacuzzi and somewhat heated pool. Had I been more motivated, the exercise room had a good choice of equipment. If I had a better night's sleep, a top floor room, with 2 queen beds, I would give this hotel a Very Good (4). Had it not been for the creaking floor, which hope they fix in the future. Our friends were staying in a room down the hall, and they could hear their neighbor's television, all night. I did not hear much hall noise, and being right at the top of the stairs, this was a pleasant surprise!

Room Tip: Top floor, definitely!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We evacuated from Florida a few months ago because of the hurricane. This was one of the few places that wasn't price gouging. Compared to so many other hotels in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama, this place had very fair prices during Hurricane Irma-even with a pet! The entire staff was very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to accommodate so many others who had also evacuated. Free breakfast was money saving and helpful too. We were very thankful to have found Country Inn & Suites and will definitely go there again if we're in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Older hotel in need of insulation and upgrading. Stained carpet and furniture. Housekeeping began vacuuming outside our door before 8am and then knocked loudly at 8am to see if the room was vacant. Neighboring TV's bled through the walls loudly and clearly. The hotel was under renovation but no mention was made of that at the time of booking.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Kiran P, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

We are currently renovating. Carpet and all furniture is being replaced. This is a brand-wide renovation process, so every country inn and suites is currently or in the near future renovating. I apologize for the inconvenience, but we do look forward to providing a new guest experience for all. Will address housekeeping concerns.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2017

building too old ...need personal more friendly , owner has a not friendly look either ...it seems owner is right on employees back for not good....beds already sinking in the middle carpet smells bad, Tvs hard to make them work and quality on screen very poor

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Kiran P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Our property is only 7 years old, and currently under renovations and product replacement phase. New carpet, paint, lighting, and many other items are being upgraded/renovated to create a better experience for our guests. I'm sorry that you missed the sign at the front door stating that our property is under renovations. Your rooms were re-inspected after departure, so please contact us regarding the bedding and TV issues stated above so that we may better understand your concerns. You didn't get a chance to meet our owners, I assure you that they are very respectable and respectful in any and all dealings.