“Good Ice Cream - High Prices”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bruster's Real Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Madison
Cuisines: Healthy, Fast food
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I rated this place average because we stopped going because of the prices. I took my wife and son and his family and spent $25.00 just on ice cream cones. Also, I have gone there during the day and found a Closed sign on the window. Maybe they are having problems even with the high prices. Go to the supermarket and get your ice cream to have at home. It will be much cheaper for sure.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I have never tried Brusters before, but we showed up on the same day they had freshly made waffle cones and they were great! Serving size is huge!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

good icecream reasionable prices. look for their may discounts like the "rain discount" or the free kids cones

1  Thank Justin T
Reviewed 5 October 2012

If you ared diabetic this is the place for you. Typically they have 2-3 no sugar added selections. The regular ice cream is excellent as well according to the rest of the family. One caution, be hungry because the servings are huge!! We have often had 2-3 eatings on one scoop! Enjoy!

1  Thank RockyTop1
Reviewed 11 September 2012

This is a somewhat higher reincarnation of a traditional ice cream place. You order at a window, then sit a an outside table or in your vehicle. It is "real" ice cream, made with milk instead of some antifreeze foo-jiz. (Nutritional info is on their website.) They have free baby cones for the youngest. And free doggie sundaes, if you bring Fifi and Fido. They do have a drive-thru. There are numerous promotions offered. I think they're presently offering half-price late night. Check the website, and ask at the window. My wife ordered a Pistachio shake, and I ordered a no-sugar-added Cinnamon shake. For these two regular size shakes, we paid about $8. A limitation to this place is that it has no indoor seating. Your only shelter from the elements is your vehicle. The only shade from the sun starts about an hour before sunset, when the shadow of the building covers the picnic tables behind it. The tables appear to have once had big umbrellas, but I suspect the umbrellas are gone with the wind. I'll likely return here when the outside temperature is in the 70s, but prefer Baskin-Robbins when the weather's not so comfortable.

Been to Bruster's Real Ice Cream? Share your experiences!