“Nice, quiet and value for money property”
Review of Villa Anjuna

Villa Anjuna
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Anjuna
Reviewed 8 May 2016

We have been coming to Villa Anjuna for the last 12 years. We stay here whenever we are holidaying in Goa. Now the place has become like a second home for us. Nelson and his staff look after us like family.
What I like best about the hotel is its pool. The temperature is just right, so is the depth and it faces the cafe so you can order a beer or a sandwich or just lie around. Especially in the evenings and night its just so relaxing to lie here and look at the stars.
The cafe is open 24 hrs. It serves quite decent breakfast (my favourites are the French toast and pancakes). They also have decent veg and non veg options for main course/starters, etc. the menu is reasonably priced.
The rooms are no frill though air conditioned. They do not offer room service but one doesnt really miss it given that the cafe is a stone's throw away and most of the day one would be out or at the pool.
Recently they have started giving free pick up and drop to airport for minimum three nights stay. They have a small library and free wifi for all the guests who stay.
Overall a quiet place not too noisy and good crowd.
Given the prices and the facilities they offer I would think its quite value for money. For us we don't even think of going to any other place now :)

Room Tip: Take the A/C poolside rooms
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 April 2016

Me and my wife had gone for a 5 day vacation to Goa in Oct 2015. We had booked Villa Anjuna through their website. We selected this hotel as the beach was just 5 minutes walk. Hotel was pretty good with a Swimming Pool, nice restaurant and good people.
We reached hotel at around 3PM and checked in to room on ground floor, the room had very old window AC. At around 3AM my wife woke me up saying everything is looking smoky. I opened my eyes and I was surprised when even I could see everything smoky. For once, I thought I am dreaming, but my wife again said what’s happening.
So I got up and turned the light on and the whole room was filled with smoke. I checked windows to see if smoke is coming from outside but all windows were closed, checked bathroom too.
Then I saw some light inside AC. I checked it and it was on FIRE. I could see flames inside the AC. I panicked for a moment. But then we went outside, I ran towards the reception (the reception was around 30-40 meters from the room).
There was one guy in the restaurant checking his mobile, I went to him and told him there is a fire, he was not interested and kept checking his mobile. I saw 2 more guys and and told them, we went back running to the room. They saw it and turned the AC Line off of whole Hotel (They had a separate power supply for ACs). Then we were out for almost an hour till they cleaned the smoke and sprayed the Air Freshener to reduce the burnt plastic smell.
Now we were expecting the new room, but to our surprise he said there is no other room available. So we had to sleep there only, morning 9 AM we packed bags and went to reception and told the regular reception guy what had happened and we never received an apology he just smiled and said we will put another AC there and you can live there only.
We were just angry, speechless and hopeless as we had booked the rooms online. We told him give us another room as we cant stay in a room with but smell, so after a lot of time he agreed to give us another room. This new room had new split AC, but still I could not sleep on the day continuously checking whether the AC is fine. Next night we did not use AC, just used the fan.
If my wife had not woke me up it could very well be an another story.
I am writing this review after a lot of time. I am attaching an image of our booking. I also have receipt given by hotel guys... i will find it and upload if needed.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bhushan T
sirurn, Manager at Villa Anjuna, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2016

Dear Bhushan, on that fateful day we had multiple electrical appliances burnout owing to spike in the local power grid. There was a chaos but the staff complied very well. We were able to allot you another room despite seasonal rush, nonetheless we thank you for putting up with the inconveniences. While we regret for the shortfall in services, we welcome you again and will reimburse one night room tariff at you disposal during your
next stay with us. Kind Regards. Nelson Sirur.

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

Brilliant ! Buck for money ! Best staff and best food ever had in a hotel ! Highly recommended ! Perfect getaway for a perfect trip! Close to anjuna beach !
Visit during November to march as the rest of the time, its semi-open or closed during of-season due to very low influx

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2016

It was so beautiful, i went with my best friend and had fantastic time out there. the food was awesome, very clean rooms.. the staff was very courteous. They have also guided us to visiti another beautiful places in Goa

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kumar G
Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed 4 one night - after that we wanted to go out. Very dirty and the prices are much too high. The personal was trying to cheat us - and a pool you dont want to jump in. The rooms are a mess. You can find nicer places in this street... Never ever again!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Markus M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
0.4 km away
LivingRoom by Seasons
#3 of 14 in Vagator
2.0 km away
Caspia Hotels Goa - Anjuna

Been to Villa Anjuna? Share your experiences!