“Great stay with luxury budget”

Royal Park Beach Resort
Ranked #142 of 233 Calangute B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I stayed in this hotel for my honeymoon. The staff here is great and very helpful. I needed a notary public and the desk clerk got on the computer and found one for me that was near the hotel. The rooms are a little small but are comfortable and the beds are GREAT! The continental breakfast is very good.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for comfort and good service.

Also, I left my watch and ring in my room. When I realized it, I called them and they had it! They held it for me until my daughter could go pick it up. They are getting a 10 because of their honest housekeepers!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank kelvintrinity

Reviewed 5 October 2010

i have checked into this hotel with my wife & parents, we took two suite rooms. we have been told you will get very good services as you are staying in our suite room for 5 days.

at the time of check-in, we have been promised for buffet breakfast.

i said to the owner of the hotel while check-in, i want to stay for 5 days in a suite room, so first i will check the service you proved to customer then i will pay for the rest 4 days.

he forced me to pay for 5 days - get excellent service.

but as usual, once money goes inn... there reality comes out.

we had not given buffet breakfast. they sent a menu in then morning after 10 calls for breakfast. they said you will get complimentary tea and any one dish (out of 4) from the breakfast menu.

if you call for a beer / tea / water /towel in the morning they will give you in the afternoon (after 10-15 calls)

i request you everyone out there.. dont ever dare to stay in this worst place

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
7  Thank divyesh_uk
Reviewed 5 October 2010

This is the worst hotel to stay in GOA, they advertise themselves as 4 star hotels where as it is not even 1 star. The building is dilapidated. Even the delux rooms are bad and old. The dont change the towels and beedsheets everyday even on the first day when another guest has checked out.
The so called "FREE" breakfast is not buffet, they give a saperate menu card and you can only order 1 portion per person, the next one is chargable even the tea is chargable. we were told this on the last day.
The bathrooms are worst, the showers are broken in all the 4 rooms that we changed. They only provide mediocre tiny soap bars, that too of calngute residency. No shampoo or other amenities. A so called "4 star/3start" provides these stuff. The curtains are falling and not properly hooked. The AC is broken in the 4 rooms that we changed.
The pool is like tiny and dirty.
The room service waiters just enter the room using duplicate keys, even when they are told not to do so.
Overall even the guest houses are better than this hotel. They are atleast 10 min walk from the beach. the portion of the beach tht has water sports is a good 2 KM by road and 500 mtrs through the beach. It is located far inside from the main road hence no question of walking to the main road.

Dont book any bikes, tours, taxi or bus/flight tickets through the hotel. They always charged us more, trying to earn commision for everything. Instead go on the main road and you will get a lot of options for everything.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Renu1212
Reviewed 1 October 2010

I travelled Goa in sep with my partner. Since we didn't have any booking in any hotel, our taxi driver took away to that hotel. On the face of the arrival, everything was good, But the same day when we went to beach, the housekeeping staff stole our Digital camera and cash. When we told the management about this, they didn't cooperate us at all. Even we went to Police station but all in vain. In fact after this incidence, their services to us became worst and painful. Since we had made payment in full, we couldn't move to any other hotel. By god grace we completed our trip. Even while coming back from Goa, the taxi driver told us that stealing is common in this hotel. Overall, I won't suggest anyone to stay in this hotel. These guys are just next to impossible, non-cooperative and disgusting. If u want your trip to be very pleasant, just don't go to that hotel at all. Rest wish is yours.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ritika84
Reviewed 7 September 2010

It was 18th of august we had a flight from Delhi to Goa ... I was quite worried about the accomodation as it was for the first time i was visiting Goa ... At the goa airport we inquired for a perfect place it was this hotel recomended to us the tourist information centre at the airport ... Soon we were at the right place ... My partner was quite happy to see the place ... The most wonderful thing was the hospitable and quite atmosphere ... We were much more comfortable to see the total female staff at the reception that i had not seen at any other hotels ... Usually when i go to a new hotel i never feel comfortable with the staff specially the male staff ... The way they look upon the couples .... But when we been to this place we never felt so ... We felt as if we were in a family ... The way they guided us . I think it is the best place for the couples and the family . The Hotel is located at a walking distance to the beach as well as to the centre where one can find fine dining places .. I recommend this hotel for the wonderful holiday .

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple