Sai Valentine's
Wavelet Beach Resort(Canacona)(Great Value!)
US$18
US$101
US$78
  • Breakfast included
The Tubki Resort(Palolem)(Great Value!)
US$33
Crystal Goa(Palolem)
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsaffordable accommodationpalolem beachhot waternice hutson arrivalthe north endcouple of nightsa great place to staylaid backindianetsguystaxis
Reviewed 12 April 2017

I had been to this place with my 1-year-old baby. The hotel staff was helpful boil milk and food of my baby. The hotel staff maintain cleanliness and are friendly. I would recommend people who want to visit Palolem to stay here, if you want to have a comfortable stay with the baby.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Affordable accommodation option in Palolem Beach Goa. Friendly staff. Safe for families.

Will choose choose this place for my stay again.

Certainly recommend this accommodation option for FamilyGaga initiated couples and families. Suitable place for trying some of the family fun activities and ideas in the book Fun on the Fly.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Having been coming to Palolem off and on for 6 years or so I can easily say that my friends and I have never been treated as poorly as this by anyone within the community.

Due to the fact that a few friends were staying here we used Sai as our base and hung out most days eating and drinking.

The huts are basic at best with poor bathroom facilities even by Goan budget beach standards (and they are nowhere near budget). The beds are not comfortable and the huts are not kept particularly clean. There are far better places to stay on the beach where you will have a much more relaxed enjoyable, comfortable time for a fraction of the cost, Fernandez or Reena Cressida for example.

The communal toilet in the restaurant is so bad that you would only use it as a last resort as the smell when you go in makes you heave.

Having spent every day here for several weeks I left and came back. On my return I was spoken to horrifically by Krishna (not sure if he is the owner or manager) he told me the WiFi wasn't working and when I pressed him said I could only have it if I stayed there. The fact that I had used it for two weeks previously due to eating and boozing there all day was not relevant. I can honestly say that the rudeness and contempt that he showed me was unbelievable on not just a customer level but a human one. There were so many instances of rudeness and intimidation from him towards guests he clearly doesn't care about his customers or cultivating repeat business. In addition to that he is more often than not drunk and is prone to aggression when drunk. He made my friends and I feel intimated more than once. However as they had already paid for their stay they had to endure his vile behaviour.

The stairs into the restaurant and up to the rooms are a hazard.

The waiting staff here are all lovely and friendly this is the only positive about this place.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2017

It's a shame as most of the staff are lovely, but one of the owner/managers ruined our stay with his unacceptable, threatening behaviour.

The huts aren't good quality – the toilet flush in first one I stayed in (one of the 'premium', upstairs, sea view ones) was broken so that the waste from next door came through and rose to dangerously near overflowing levels. When I asked for this to be attended to, one of the young staff members was sent and fiddled around a bit, which obviously had no effect whatsoever. I would echo other reviews on here in that Mr. Pagi just couldn't care less about his paying guests. The toilet remained unfixed for several days until I was moved to another, equally shoddy room.

TripAdvisor won't let me tell the true details of Mr. Pagi's behaviour, but suffice to say I have never witnessed such awful treatment by a hotelier towards customers. It was beyond belief.

There are much better quality and value huts – try Fernandes for comparative luxury for only a fraction more cost, or D'Costa for equal quality run by a lovely couple at half the price, and plenty more in between who will treat you as a customer should be treated – with respect, whatever your nationality.

Don't stay at Sai Valentine's and be subjected to this disgusting behaviour as well as constant price changes and arguing over rates as I saw with every other guest I spoke to during my unfortunate stay.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

I had a really nice stay at Sai Valentines. The hut was quite basic which the price reflected..
Staff were really nice and if you are on a budget but would like to stay very close to the beach then this is the perfect spot.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple