“I loved this place. What a great find.”
Review of Big Fish La Raja

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canacona
Big Fish La Raja
Ranked #24 of 146 Speciality Lodging in Canacona
Reviewed 3 May 2016

A group of 10 stayed at Big Fish recently for 3 nights and we had a fantastic time. We love Palolem beach anyway and finding Big Fish has made us love it even more. It's the place to be and we'll be going back for our next stay in October. I'm counting down the days already! Singh, Santosh, Raj and the team looked after us very well. We didn't want for anything. Service was great and everything was served with a smile from the very hardworking Raj - the friendly waiter. Being right on the beach was a bonus and we spent every day either sat under the shady canopy looking out to sea having a laugh and a chat with a beer or sunned ourselves on the sun loungers on the beach. I felt very pampered and spoiled as I didn't really have to move for anything except to cool off in the sea. As a group we mainly ate breakfast, lunch and snacks at Big Fish and all were very tasty and were delivered to the table in good time also. The beach huts were very comfy and luxurious compared to most beach huts. These huts are great value for money. It was nice to have a proper, thick mattress and 4 pillows that provided for a good night's sleep. I only woke up once to some dogs barking but I had my ear plugs under my pillow so that soon sorted that out - straight back to sleep. It's always a good idea to take ear plus with you if you are staying in a beach hut. Just remember that the walls are not made of bricks so you can hear what goes on outside. We had a rain fall shower in our hut and it was better than the shower that we have in our villa in north Goa. So, that was a real treat. The toilet was immaculately clean and there were nice touches in the bathroom like a toiletries cupboard above the sink with a mirror and a rack in the shower for you to put your shampoo etc. What I also liked was that although the bathroom was a wet room, it had a shower curtain so that the toilet didn't get soaked whilst you were showering. It's the little things that make a difference. We had a portable AC unit in the bedroom area which may have been a bit faulty as it didn’t kick out really cold air but it acted like a fan instead. So, that combined with the ceiling fan worked pretty well. All huts are hot inside in the day time but then you don't spend time in them then. The huts were nice and cool in the mornings and from about 5pm onwards - basically the times that I would be inside getting ready. If you are after very cold AC then these huts don't have it but I found what we had was adequate enough for our use of the hut and we were there at the end of April when Goa is especially hot and humid. Go and treat yourself to a stay at Big Fish, you will be happy that you stayed there. I recommend this place to all. Keep up the good work guys and we'll see you in 5 months. Lilly.

Room Tip: AC rooms were fantastic and I felt very secure there.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lillywoo

Reviewed 19 March 2016

We stayed at the Big Fish for 3 weeks.The room was clean and well ventilated with a over head fan and an air condition unit.There is a good supply of hot water.And the rooms were cleaned daily.I can only speak highly of the owner Mr Wilson,who is a very nice polite honest man in my opinion.The staff are also of a good kind helpful nature.I would consider the Big Fish good value for money and safe and social place to stay.....Now as for the Restaurant area....I can only advise that these guys are probably the best chef's on the beach,providing a variety of fresh fish,prawns lobster etc.Santosh and Raj and all the other guys are once again ,very friendly and helpful,honest people.I would recommend a visit.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank sunship20011
Reviewed 16 February 2016

First visit to Palolem this New year, and this one is definitely worth the money spent.
Palolem is no doubt one of the beautiful beaches in Goa.
Big Fish is a very reasonable one with clean huts and great food.
Staff is friendly too...

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2015

We didn't actually stay in the beach huts but we went to the restaurant nearly everyday. The service was excellent and the delicious food was at reasonable prices. They had the best butter chicken in India! I loved coming here because I didn't get hassled by anyone trying to sell things.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 79codyco
Reviewed 18 March 2015

What an amazing place, the service and food was second to non! Excellent value for money and the friendliest people I have ever met! Only stayed one night but I could have stayed a month, a must see beauty spot in this magical part of Goa! Can't wait to go back, p.s the butter chicken was the best I av ever eaten!

Room Tip: Beach hut facing the sea, incredible views
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends